5. Narciso Crook (R) CF
6. Yan Gomes (R) DH
7. P.J. Higgins (R) 1B
8. Nelson Velazquez (R) RF
9. Andrelton Simmons (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 80°F
Chance of Precip: 9%

markj

Early game. Typical of the Cubbies. Cubs are way under .500, so the Sox need to make hay here.

Sea Dog 23

Cubs scored 15 runs vs Cinci on Thurs.  Sampson has given up only 2 runs total in last 3 games vs Cards, Braves and LAD. So who are the real Cubbies?

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 01, 2022, 09:55:01 AM
Cubs scored 15 runs vs Cinci on Thurs.  Sampson has given up only 2 runs total in last 3 games vs Cards, Braves and LAD. So who are the real Cubbies?

Also don't know what to make of this guy Sampson.  He had one start a week ago against the Cards and gave up 2 over 5 innings.  He had two relief appearances before that and an ERA of 1.69. 

Duran back, but JBJ keeps getting playing time in RF. 

Sea Dog 23

Well Duran is indeed back. Straightaway center field blast on first pitch. Verdugo GIDP after two singles. Sigh. 1-0.

longgame

Sea Dog 23

Danish now on.  A bases full BB makes it 4-3. He got a fly out to end it.  Still 4-3 now in the 6th.

Sea Dog 23

Duran gets an RBI single in the 6th and Robles just gave up the tying 2-run homer.

markj

I didn't see if Vaz got waved on, but he shouldn't have been sent on with that shallow hit. And of course Robles blows the lead. He sux.

MongoLikeSox

Wow! He's a head case. Couple calls don't go his way and 2-run homer minutes later.

markj

We must be digging through the bottom of the barrel is this is the only choice to be out there pitching now.

markj

That's it, I'm done watching. I have better things to do than watch this BS.

Sea Dog 23

Walked the bases full on 4 pitches.  What game is Cora looking at?  Robles would be called a schmuk by guys I know in Chicago.

MongoLikeSox

He didn't get Diekman rolling until after the Homer, and then lines him up so that it would have been bases juiced or a mop up situation if he got to him. The guy in the pen you don't want on the mound when strikes are needed? Diekman. Well, other than Robles. No, Diekman still reigns supreme in control issues.

Vasquez's knee up thing didn't help Diekman, either. 

longgame

There was a point where Hill completely lost it and they left him for three more batters.  I was upset at the time, but seeing the alternatives, I now know why.  First of all, Robles has to be dumped, right now.  The guy is a total disaster.  Danish hasn't impressed me. Diekmann sucks too.  I'm reminded of Bluto in Animal House.

QuoteWell, just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Robles, he's a dead man! Danish, dead! Diekmann...