GAME #76 - WEDNESDAY, JUNE 29, 2022 - BOSTON RED SOX @ TORONTO BLUE JAYS

Started by markj, June 29, 2022, 08:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

JD finally helps out by taking one for the team. Now he'll be out for a week.

markj

Then Bogey pulls a GIDP. Third time in a week or so I've seen that same GIDP by the Sox.

markj

markj

I can't believe they're going to blow this game. Like we're back to the early season Sox.

markj

Wow, that was too close. So at least they get out of Toronto a half game up in 2nd.

elktonnick

OK the Sox escape with a win.  But Bloom get off your butt and get some quality relievers.

BoSoxFanNY

MongoLikeSox

So we can hang with everyone we've faced this year. We have room for improvement at 2 positions and the BP.

I would love to see Seabold get another start before it all goes Tampa/NY. See if he bounces back and get an idea of what we have. 

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on June 29, 2022, 10:06:03 PM
OK the Sox escape with a win.  But Bloom get off your butt and get some quality relievers.

It's bad enough this wasn't addressed in the offseason, but we've had half a season and the bullpen is not good. There is nobody on this staff where you say "Oh good, so and so is coming in".  It's edge of your seat every night.  This team can win games if they don't give them up and don't tell me this nightly saga doesn't weigh on the position players too.

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on June 30, 2022, 07:08:11 AM
So we can hang with everyone we've faced this year. We have room for improvement at 2 positions and the BP.

I would love to see Seabold get another start before it all goes Tampa/NY. See if he bounces back and get an idea of what we have.

If hanging means being walked off in every AL East park (twice by BAL) and losing every series to AL East teams, then yep, we're hanging.  If they can't turn this around it's going to be a long stretch to the ASB with those 14 NYY and TB games coming up. 

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: longgame on June 30, 2022, 07:53:40 AM
Quote from: MongoLikeSox on June 30, 2022, 07:08:11 AM

If hanging means being walked off in every AL East park (twice by BAL) and losing every series to AL East teams, then yep, we're hanging.  If they can't turn this around it's going to be a long stretch to the ASB with those 14 NYY and TB games coming up.
Nope, I mean hanging as in we're in the majority of the games and can win these games with the addition of a pair (or trio) of front line relievers to add to the best of what we already have. This is not throwing good money after bad, as they say down here. (IMO)

Sea Dog 23

There's some noise out there to bring up Bello as a bullpen arm, theSox' best available minor leaguer who is currently healthy.  The rub there, he is a starting pitcher, and putting him in the pen at the begining might screw up his mindset.

Whitlock is already designated for reliever when he comes back (next week??).

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on June 29, 2022, 03:49:46 PM
Cora started that cluster**** by using his temporary closer in a shut down role to lead off an inning after we got the lead in the 7th. Bad move had both my wife and I shaking our heads.

I've been wondering about any nefarious manipulation of those above him into trying to guilt them into trading for arms or something. This little mess last night also might help any anti-houck sentiment, as if to soften us for a trade or guilt him into vaxing or something akin to such nonsense.

I mean, there's gotta be something other than being a Robles fanboy, right?

As to your last sentence-------NOT FOR CORA THEIR ISN'T!!!!!!!   Somehow we pulled it out even if we gave two of the runs back in the 10th with the Jays having the winning runs on base.  OK, I do not like Cora; I think he is a rotten filthy cheater, but am I wrong is saying that he has misused his bullpen time and again by using the wrong men at the wrong time?  He and Bradley must go after this season as a part of a little housecleaning.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 30, 2022, 01:05:46 PM
OK, I do not like Cora; I think he is a rotten filthy cheater, but am I wrong is saying that he has misused his bullpen time and again by using the wrong men at the wrong time?
I still think there's something when he leaves his golden boy in to load the bases for the guy with the worst control in the pen to come in for him. It's been that sort of thing throughout his career as a Manager. It's like we're paying the price for every boneheaded move that did not bite him in 2018.