Quote from: markj on June 29, 2022, 08:00:35 AM
7:07PM Eastern

Red Sox

Nick Pivetta (R)

Blue Jays

Alek Manoah (R)

Gametime Temp: 67°F
Chance of Precip: 3%

I'd like a win tonight; so would we all, but with the Jay ace throwing and Cora in our dugout you can be sure either their pitcher will hurl a gem or the smartest puke in the room will try and show off his baseball brains by trying to outsmart everybody, the filthy rotten cheater.  He has the mark of Cain on him and it seems everything he touches  turns to shit.  And, yes, it wouldn't su rprise me at all if he puts in Robles again "to give him another chance to redeem himself."  I have said over and over that Robles should never pitch in the ninth inning and that Cora should have never been rehired being the filthy cheater that he is.   That and Bloom's insistence to save his boss millions of dollars has resulted in putting a team on the field that cannot beat a good one.

longgame

I don't see what choices Cora has, although he made the wrong ones last night.  Sawamura?  Davis?  Brasier?  I think there was a better way to play this out that didn't start with either Danish or Robles on the mound in the 9th, but he really has no options with his closer out.

longgame

Story with the night off, Yolmer Sanchez at 2B.  Who knows why. 

longgame

Also heard earlier that the plan is for Whitlock to go to the pen when he returns. 

Sea Dog 23

While we're talking about playoffs and available pitchers, I read today that Sale is still un-vaxed and would not be available for a Toronto series at their park.  It seems a lot of our players this year are free spirits.

MongoLikeSox

Cora started that cluster**** by using his temporary closer in a shut down role to lead off an inning after we got the lead in the 7th. Bad move had both my wife and I shaking our heads.

I've been wondering about any nefarious manipulation of those above him into trying to guilt them into trading for arms or something. This little mess last night also might help any anti-houck sentiment, as if to soften us for a trade or guilt him into vaxing or something akin to such nonsense.

I mean, there's gotta be something other than being a Robles fanboy, right?

Sea Dog 23

Rob Ref gets a sac fly to score Franchy in the 3rd.  1-1. Jays batting.

MongoLikeSox

I didn't think it was possible to make a home run trot as slow as what Verdugo just did. Nice jack, though. :)

markj

I was thinking he was really slow trotting it. Maybe to thumb his nose at the Jays for that BS earlier.

markj

MongoLikeSox

At least this time he brought Schreiber in with Vladdy as the 3rd out instead of vladdy leading off. There's no no guarantee that Spring, Bo "Johnny Damon is not my Real Father" Bichette and Vlady will get to hit again. I mean, with our guys it's likely, but it can work here more than it could last night.

And don't tell me you've not thought that about Bo Bichette looking like Damon thing. I can't be alone on that one.

MongoLikeSox

elktonnick

Some needs to brow beat the Red Sox bull pen that they can not walk the leadoff batter.  It just drives me nuts.

markj