Started by markj, June 28, 2022, 08:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoSoxFanNY

This game was so frustrating . . .
Wacha gets hit,
Sox battle back,
take a lead
AND the bullpen gives it back.

SADLY, this game is reminiscent of earlier woes . . .
Sox have problems with the AL EAST teams.

I SO HOPE that the winning ways in June would
continue against the AL EAST and so far - NO.   

BoSoxFanNY

Danish gets the loss, even though ROBLES is the pitcher that
BLEW the game.  Pitcher stats are just crazy.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on June 28, 2022, 09:37:20 PM
F^CK Robles.
WHY, WHY does Cora put him in???????????

Just don't understand it.

CRAP!
The Sox battled back . . .

CRAP!
I HATE Hansel Robles.
WHY CORA???????

Why?  Because as I've said so many times, Robles is a personal favorite of that f@#$%&g Cora and he is going to ram him down our throats until that filthy rotten cheater is finally fired and run out of town.  As I've told all of you on this board many many many many times, Rotten Robles MUST NEVER BE PUT IN A GAME IN THE NINTH INNING EVER EVER EVER EVER.  Why Cora, that bastard, can't understand  that can only be answered by something I've known for quite some time.......Cora loves Robles and he will use him again and again if only to prove a point.  Once more a message for you, rotten filthy cheater.....NEVER USE ROBLES IN THE NINTH INNING OF A GAME EVER AGAIN AND BLOOMER BOY, HELP THIS ALONG BY SENDING THAT CHOKER BASTARD DOWN AND NEVER B RING HIM UP AGAIN TO THE RED SOX EVER.  BTW, we did leave too many men on base but good teams win these types of games but when you have a stubborn filthy rotten cheating manager at the help this is what happens.  I am beyond pissed off.

MongoLikeSox

This one was one Cora. Saw it coming 3 innings earlier when he decided he didn't want Schrieber to face Springer and Bichette in the 9th. Smartest man in the room with his insatiable desire to hit the idiot button again and again and again and again and again and again and again. I really don't know why they got rid of Tewksbury. It's obvious the Manager needs him more than any player ever did - except for  Robles.

It's beyond comprehension. It really is. I got nothing. Cora let his team down tonight.

Sea Dog 23

What a team of underacievers, when it gets to big games.  I think the record shows 8-9 wins and 21 losses against division teams.  That doesnt bode well with still about 45 games to play against those clubs.  You can blame Cora, but Bloom put this team together on the cheap.

The fire balling Gauseman was out there at $22mil, but Bloomer went for weak arms Wacha and Hill.  For the pen Jantsen , unhittable for the Braves, was out there, but Bloom's idea was Diekman and extend Barnes.  He saved Henry millions, whoop whoop.  And the fans ask how did we get here?

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on June 28, 2022, 09:53:56 PM
This one was one Cora. Saw it coming 3 innings earlier when he decided he didn't want Schrieber to face Springer and Bichette in the 9th. Smartest man in the room with his insatiable desire to hit the idiot button again and again and again and again and again and again and again. I really don't know why they got rid of Tewksbury. It's obvious the Manager needs him more than any player ever did - except for  Robles.

It's beyond comprehension. It really is. I got nothing. Cora let his team down tonight.

I didn't get his moves at all.  I don't get why your best reliever was used in the 7th and then a guy like Danish stays in for the 9th?!?!?!?  But once those guys were on base, who does he have?  Of course Robles has to be released.  This guy has no value.  He's 2 of 7 in save opportunities.  His ERA in the 9th inning is over 8.  He has no business being on a major league roster.  On a related note, too bad our current closer can't go to Canada, especially since we have a series there in the last week of the season and if the season ended today we'd be heading to Toronto for 3 games.  Someone needs to get Houck vaccinated or they have to dump him.

I can't get too upset about Seabold going the night before.  They're out of starting pitchers with 2 down.  We've known this pitching staff has been a mess in terms of consistency and take some key guys out and you don't have a lot of options. 

elktonnick

I certainly agree that Cora blew this one by using Danish and Robles especially Robles.  But Cora is not alone in this fiasco.  Bloom bears the greater responsibility by keeping Robles on the roster.  While we are at it, Houck and Duran are both on my shit list.  If it were up to me, I would move both these guys asap.

Schloicka

I'd trade Duran to KC for Beni. But only if Beni is vaccinated.

BoSoxFanNY

I agree!
ALL players need to be vaccinated.
Period.

YOU play a TEAM sport . . .