5. Oscar Gonzalez (R) RF
6. Andres Gimenez (L) 2B
7. Ernie Clement (R) LF
8. Luke Maile (R) C
9. Myles Straw (R) CF

Gametime Temp: 81°F
Chance of Precip: 17%

Sea Dog 23

Civale gave up 2 runs on 5 hits last week vs Twins.  ERA 7.25. That was his first outing in a month.  He was bombed early in the season, 4 to 6 runs per game, 9 and 10 era,  but has settled down in last two starts.

Sea Dog 23

Sox get on the board in the 3rd.  FC scores Duran, who has a hit and a BB in two trips.   Sox have  9 total lob, argh. 1-0.

markj

Couple more runs in, but more LOBsters, too. Cora pulled Franchy for Dalbec for some inane reason. I don't think Dalbec is any better at 1B and he is certainly worse at the plate. Sox up 5-0.

markj

Gaaa! Devers has a month of Sundays to throw to first base and still lofts it over Dalbec's head. WTF can't he throw? It's not rocket science.

markj

Schloicka

Good job by Brasier only giving up a unearned run. 6-2 Sox going into the 8th.

markj

13 LOBsters. Yikes. Again, this game should have been a laugher if they could just get a clutch hit here and there.

markj

BoSoxFanNY

SOX beat the Guardians 8 - 3!
SWEEP Cleveland.

Red Sox are playing good solid baseball!

WOW!

markj

Good clean inning for Houck. Sox win 8-3 for another sweep. Jays are going to lose, so the Sox extend their 2nd place lead.

Sea Dog 23

Twitter says Yolmar Sanchez (batting .254 at Worcester) will fly to Toronto tonight as a replacement for Duran. Connor  Seabold will replace Houck.

Since Sanchez is not on the 40-man, he will not be DFAd when Duran returns. I think has to do with his out of options related to the 40 man roster.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on June 26, 2022, 05:31:10 PM
Twitter says Yolmar Sanchez (batting .254 at Worcester) will fly to Toronto tonight as a replacement for Duran. Connor  Seabold will replace Houck.

Since Sanchez is not on the 40-man, he will not be DFAd when Duran returns. I think has to do with his out of options related to the 40 man roster.
This whole COVID protocol replacement thing is confusing this year. I think they tinkered with that free trip too and from the 40-man and active rosters for 2022 somehow, but I can't find anything official about it.

I know for the trips to Toronto scenario, MLB clubs can either place a player on a standard issue COVID-19 IL or they can place the player on a restricted list that is unpaid and does not accrue seniority while on the list. Interesting to see if they send Houck and Duran a message by doing the latter.

MongoLikeSox

These LOB'sters the last few games have been awful. I'm glad we're still scoring at least some runs.

In some ways, playing Cleveland felt like playing Tampa. Scrappy, never out of it, that sort of thing. Great defense surrounded by the occasional bit of inexperienced play thrown in. (corner outfield play the last two days) Biggest difference to me was the bullpen usage. Tito left some guys in there longer than we see anymore.

Toronto is a whole different can of worms. It's a top-5 offense front to back. As Eck might say, no lambs there. Seabold's got a heck of a test facing him tonight.

Robles threw a bit harder, but still grooved some pitches. He's not there yet. Houck's pitches looked like they finished down much more often then they did on Friday night and another night last week.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on June 27, 2022, 07:56:28 AM
These LOB'sters the last few games have been awful. I'm glad we're still scoring at least some runs.

In some ways, playing Cleveland felt like playing Tampa. Scrappy, never out of it, that sort of thing. Great defense surrounded by the occasional bit of inexperienced play thrown in. (corner outfield play the last two days) Biggest difference to me was the bullpen usage. Tito left some guys in there longer than we see anymore.

Toronto is a whole different can of worms. It's a top-5 offense front to back. As Eck might say, no lambs there. Seabold's got a heck of a test facing him tonight.

Robles threw a bit harder, but still grooved some pitches. He's not there yet. Houck's pitches looked like they finished down much more often then they did on Friday night and another night last week.

Unfortunately Seabold failed miserably and looked like crap warmed over tonight.  Then again our offense didn't look too swift tonight  either.  We have to come back tomorrow and even the series and not get bullied by the Blue Jays any more.  Time to return some favors to them.