7. Richie Palacios (L) LF
8. Austin Hedges (R) C
9. Myles Straw (R) CF

Gametime Temp: 84°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on June 25, 2022, 10:24:39 AM
OMG.  Justin Bieber is gonna be a tough matchup.  lol.

And it doesn't help that Arroyo, Cordero and Reifsnyder are on the bench against a tough pitcher while Bradley and Dalbec are in it.  What the hell is the matter with you Alex?????

Sea Dog 23

Fred, I saw a blurb that the analytic geniuses favor the splits on Bieber, he’s slightly worse against certain batters. Way beyond my pay grade.

Winchowski gets two outs in the 2nd, then gives up two singles. He got out of the jam with a strikeout.  0-0.

markj

And just like that, the Sox have the lead. 3-run boomer from Verdugo.

markj

markj

markj

Ugh, two wimpy infield hits for force outs at home. WTF is with these bozos they can't get a simple blooper to the outfield?

markj

Of course Story K's. Unreal. If they lose this game, it's because of that pathetic display.

markj

Duran gets a clutch hit to drive in a run then Arroyo, the pinch runner, gets thrown out at home by a mile. Oy. Sox would be way ahead in this game if it weren't for base running blunders and wimpy hitting.

markj

Sox manage to hang on for the win. Lucky. For the time being, they're alone in 2nd place.

BoSoxFanNY

WOW!
The Sox have climbed into the #2 spot in the AL EAST.
They have had quite a good month of June!

Keep it going.

Sea Dog 23

Good outing by Winchy, and in a couple of those innings he was throwing only sinker and slider.  I didnt see a third pitch if he has one, but good location tonight. After going 0-4 on Friday, Duran was 4-5, 1 rbi and 2 stolen bases.  One guy said shades of Ellsbury.  He still goes after long fly balls at weird angles.  Dont know if he can ever be a good CF even with that great speed.

The two bearded guys in the pen both did their job.  Usually one has a bad night.  Houck to the rescue.

MongoLikeSox

I thought it was a bit funny that Cora yanked him. I could only think of two things. Rookie pitch and inning counts, and he had given up some hard hit outs just then and the inning before.

I would have loved to hear the little speech Cora gave Diekman and inning later. Last time we saw that was the last time we saw Darwinzon last year. Diekman responded better.

So Duran goes 4-5 with a clutch 9th inning RBI late in the game. Good for him. Houck got his pitches down in the zone better. Good for him, too. Still don't know how on Earth Arroyo could have been out by so long.