GAME #69 - TUESDAY, JUNE 21, 2022 - DETROIT TIGERS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, June 21, 2022, 07:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on June 21, 2022, 09:06:11 PM
Sox hang on for the win. 5-4.

We win another series and that's now six series in a row we've won.  That's good from where I sit, but how about sweeping the  Tigers tonight so we enter Cleveland, a very improved team, with some real confidence and momentum on Friday.  It can be done and we have to make sure we do it.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 22, 2022, 03:24:30 PM
Quote from: MongoLikeSox on June 21, 2022, 11:04:28 PM
Schreiber's showing some cahones and grit.

Yes he is Mongo but does that get him up in the relief corps or will we still be playing musical chairs for the rest of the season?  We do need a closer and we know it isn't Robles (though Cora might still disagree) or Barnes when he gets back.  Brasier has actually looked good the past three outings but I don't believe he is suited for such a tension filled role of a closer in the 9th inning with a one or two run lead. Right now Houcks and Schreiber seem like our two best but the problem is right now as well they don't look that much better than the rest of the lot.  Someone take charge out there.
It would not surprise me to see Robles on the IL. It's been a long, slow road down to noodlesville for him.

You're right, too, he is one of those high emotions types. It was great when he was hot for a few weeks towards the playoffs. He fed off it. This year is different. Seamed like he would implode early this season the first time he didn't get a call. As soon as that "the world wants me dead" smile came out, he was done. His stuff has been fizzling out little by little since.