5. Riley Greene (L) CF
6. Jeimer Candelario (S) 3B
7. Spencer Torkelson (R) 1B
8. Jonathan Schoop (R) 2B
9. Tucker Barnhart (S) C

Gametime Temp: 67°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

markj

Good to see Manny and Papi enjoying themselves at Fenway. Both were fun to watch in their days.

elktonnick

Franchy and Duran making their cases for being with big club and for playing every day.

markj

Not sure Cora should be pulling Winchy here. Already 2 outs and the BP is hardly a safe bet.

markj

Pretty easy win, as it should be against a team as bad as the Tigers.

markj

Sox move into 3rd place. Toronto is losing. If that holds, Sox will be 1.5 games out of 2nd.

MongoLikeSox

I am so pathetic some nights. I have zero recollection of Houck pitching. I did see Schreiber throw a 97 and 96 MPH in between his normal slider after slider routine. Nice!

Verdugo with another fine catch.

Story giveth, Story taketh. I imagine we're going to see the errors slowly creep down as he gets used to the various little angle differences. Kind of been that way all year. And maybe it's just me, but it's looked like he's been taking his opposite field pokes on x-2 counts with some success and increasing frequency. Like the beginnings of Renfroe figuring out the HR/K isn't quite what we like to see 'round these parts.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: elktonnick on June 20, 2022, 07:58:30 PM
Franchy and Duran making their cases for being with big club and for playing every day.
Franchy changed his whole night during the first AB. He was eager way out in front on a couple pitches before settling down. He settled down and stayed back during that AB and got on base and looked good for the rest of the night. It was impressive to see.

I think Duran is ready. He's a difference maker up there and he looks like he's gained several years of discipline at the plate since last year. I hope JBJ is in his ear, defensively.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on June 20, 2022, 07:58:30 PM

Well like it or not, don't be surprised if Cora and Bloomer Boy agree to send Duran back down gain for "more seasoning".  This is going to turn into a real screw job on that young player until he is mercifully traded to a team that appreciates his talent while the Sox stumble more and more into misreading their talent again and again.  I'm already biting my nails over the possibility that they are going to undermine  Casas, Yorke and Mayer as well.  We have some real dummies running this show, both in the development department and scouting.  I would mention the front office but I think you already knew that.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on June 20, 2022, 09:11:33 PM
Pretty easy win, as it should be against a team as bad as the Tigers.

Please my friend , DO NOT SAY THAT!!!!!!!  The Red Sox have shown that they can barf in the sink against any team.  No team in my opinion is a walkaway win for our team.  We're playing better but we are only one Cora brain cramp or one Bloomer Boy blunder to fall back into our early miserable ways.  But I do hope you know more than I do in this instance.