6. Elvis Andrus (R) SS
7. Stephen Vogt (L) DH
8. Sean Murphy (R) C
9. Jonah Bride (R) 3B

Gametime Temp: 75°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

markj

Sea Dog 23

Sox up 2-0 in the 2nd. Production from Vaz and Dalbec with singles, Refsnyder with a sac fly. Stil batting in the 2nd.

markj

3-0 is good, but they've had Koenig on the ropes twice now and haven't had much to show for it.

markj

markj

markj

Valdez in for the 9th with a 5 run lead. I'm not confident he'll make it. Already walked the 1st batter.

markj

Cora needs to pull this putz before he makes this a close game. 2 on now and no outs.

markj

Cora had Houck up in the pen, but Valdez managed to close it out. Good win, but I wish the Sox had made better use of their chances. Too many LOBsters.

markj

The Sox have been playing .700 ball for the second half of the season so far. The last 31 games have been the polar opposite of the first 31 games.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: markj on June 14, 2022, 09:03:45 PM
The Sox have been playing .700 ball for the second half of the season so far. The last 31 games have been the polar opposite of the first 31 games.

Sox won 10 of last 12 I think. Still losing ground to MFYanks ,argh, but both Rays, Jays lost on Tuesday.  That puts us 2 games IIRC out of the second wild card.

MongoLikeSox

Last night had two big chances to become frustrating. The LOB'sters and the Valdez tip to put two on with no outs. Cora was having no part of that and got Houck warming up. A practice I wish he'd employ with a certain pet favorite of his.

Is Verdugo nursing his legs lately? He didn't look quite so quick on at least one of his runs to 1B. I think it was that GIDP.

Alright, on to tonight!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on June 14, 2022, 08:51:32 PM
Valdez in for the 9th with a 5 run lead. I'm not confident he'll make it. Already walked the 1st batter.

Our relief pitchers can't seem to stop the plethora of batters who always seem too get on when they lead off in the ninth inning.  What the hell is so hard about throwing strikes that these bums can't do it?  It really pisses me off to keep seeing this---and what is our pitching coach saying and doing about this problem in order to stop it, like POUND THE STRIKE ZONE YOU PACK OF CANDY ASSES!!!!!!!

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 15, 2022, 03:03:04 PM
Quote from: markj on June 14, 2022, 08:51:32 PM

Our relief pitchers can't seem to stop the plethora of batters who always seem too get on when they lead off in the ninth inning.  What the hell is so hard about throwing strikes that these bums can't do it?  It really pisses me off to keep seeing this---and what is our pitching coach saying and doing about this problem in order to stop it, like POUND THE STRIKE ZONE YOU PACK OF CANDY ASSES!!!!!!!
Maybe a caveat for Robles to not follow his walks with grooved fastballs. :)