Quote from: markj on June 12, 2022, 09:46:36 AM
4:10PM Eastern

Red Sox

Kutter Crawford (R)

Mariners

Robbie Ray (L)

Gametime Temp: 58°F
Chance of Precip: 12%

Cutter Crawford???????   He may be even worse than Brasier or Robles on the mound.  Has he even had ONE decent outing this season?  Thanks Cora for blowing our chance to win this series by your stupid move to Robles last night you filthy rotten no good incompetent cheater.

Sea Dog 23

Fred, Kutter did have a good outing in his first appearance this year (at NYY), a win for us. I can’t remember if he started or did relief. Since then he had a couple rough outings.

Sea Dog 23

Kutter through 4 IP with no hits, 6 K's and 3 BB. Sox have one hit. 0-0.

Also more pitching woes.  Eovaldi now on the IL (lower back)  Wont see any of Nathan or Whitlock until June 24 at earliest.

markj

Sox have men on 1st and 3rd with one out in a scoreless game and Dalbec comes to the plate. You just had to know he was going to GIDP, and sure enough...

markj

Rafi finally gets the Sox on the board with a 2-run dinger.

markj

markj

Sox win 2-0. Excellent pitching the whole game and just enough offense thanks to Rafi. Some really good defensive plays as well.

Schloicka

Nice 8-2 road trip. Lots of close games. Back to Fenway they go for Tuesday.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on June 12, 2022, 06:28:48 PM
Nice 8-2 road trip. Lots of close games. Back to Fenway they go for Tuesday.

You know Schloicka, it is so wonderful to be so right on how a game will turn differently that one predicted.  I was all  right on everything last night and felt miserable all morning into the afternoon.  Today I almost predicted a catastrophe, certainly a loss facing Robbie Ray who owned us last season, and was wrong on all counts and now feel extremely pleased and happy.  That's baseball for you I  guess.  On another post or thread I said Houck should be given the closer's role now, but hearing that Whitlock and Eovaldi are on the shelf we may have to check signal and put Tanner in the rotation.

MongoLikeSox

Those two defensive gems were fantastic to watch. Devers had another earlier, too, soon after he got hit.

On any other day, Crawford's walks would have come back to haunt as they do to everyone else. I'm sure glad it was his day, though.

I have to admit that I was very nervous after Houck's 2nd(?) pitch where he hung a pitch right down the pike. I think he got nasty after that one, though. Good to see a clean 9th.

And a West coast road trip for the ages. Certainly a rare treat for Sox fans.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on June 13, 2022, 06:07:25 AM
Those two defensive gems were fantastic to watch. Devers had another earlier, too, soon after he got hit.

On any other day, Crawford's walks would have come back to haunt as they do to everyone else. I'm sure glad it was his day, though.

I have to admit that I was very nervous after Houck's 2nd(?) pitch where he hung a pitch right down the pike. I think he got nasty after that one, though. Good to see a clean 9th.

And a West coast road trip for the ages. Certainly a rare treat for Sox fans.

I think it is fair for me to say that with our pitching problems perhaps being a potential red flag right now, what we need is for our offense to start hitting on all cylinders again.  We need to put more runs on the scoreboard because we might be giving up a few more now as well.  What makes me shake my head is that we have three of the top hitters in the league in our lineup and we still seem to be unable to get them to hit in sync and for others to join in to give us a solid 1-7 in our lineup.  It looks to me  that Franchy has reverted back to the stiff he was for us last year and Bradley is just Bradley and not m uch expected save a miracle for him to suddenly find a way to hit. Dalbeck has shown some power lately and to me he needs to get even better and become more consistent in the power and run producing part of his game.  I still want Duran brought up and put in the lineup.  I still cannot understand why Cora and Bloom still seem reluctant to give the young man a chance unless Bloomer boy wants to badly to justify his trade of Renfroe for Cordero and Cora is determined to see Bradley become the hit ter he will never ever become.  Whatever, we have to hit better on the upcoming homestand because we need to make a real move towards upending Toronto and Tampa Bay in the standings and put ourselves in a better wild card position. I just think the front office and board of strategy and spinning their wheels and aren't sure about w hat they should do.  Bring Duran up and put him in the lineup would be a start.

MongoLikeSox

Fred, I agree that Duran's probably at that point. The A's are throwing a Lefty up tonight, so we'll probably see Reyfsnyder again. Righties the next two nights at least, so perhaps.

I wonder how close the Sox might be on trading for a closer as mentioned in other threads? We've got 4-5 more games before Kike's due back. Cherry picking Duran's starters as they're doing could line things up for a nice little showcase stretch for Duran.

I agree with the Sox bipolar hitting. Seems they get the right idea for a while and then the freeze kicks in. Dalbec is beyond frustration with RISP.