5. Eugenio Suarez (R) 3B
6. Adam Frazier (L) 2B
7. Abraham Toro (S) DH
8. Taylor Trammell (L) RF
9. Cal Raleigh (S) C

Gametime Temp: 64°F
Chance of Precip: 11%

Sea Dog 23

The Sox may have hit a rough patch. Beyond Wacha Whitlock is now on the IL, was scheduled to go tomorrow.  Tuesdays pitcher, Eovaldi was sent back to Boston to be checked out for hip tightness, although Cora doesn't think he'll miss a start.

I dont think anybody else is ready to be promoted from AAA unless it's Seabold.  We may have to bring Houck out of the bullpen next week.

markj

markj

Wacha looks like crap. Loaded the bases and then throws a wild pitch to let a run in.

markj

markj

markj

Diekman loads the bases and leaves a mess for...Brasier? Are you serious?

markj

BoSoxFanNY

SOX take the lead in the top of the 9th inning
on a Bobby Dalbec home run. Sox 6 - Mariners 5

THEN, Cora puts in Robles . . .
UGH!
Sox LOSE to the Mariners 7 - 6
WHY Robles??????

elktonnick

I have lost track of how many blown saves Robles and the entire bullpen has this year.  One has to wonder where this team would be with a bona fide closer. Are you listening Bloom?

MongoLikeSox

I'm glad I was out by the 4th inning. Another Robles implosion. His 4th out of 6 attempts according to Baseball Reference.

Someone needs to watch the Use Strahm Button. He's in unfamiliar territory with appearances. He was a starter for a couple years in the minors, but that was a long time ago. Only 9 games last year because of some sort of injury.

Schloicka

Friday's & Saturday's games were basically the same at the end except Houck got lucky Friday night. The 3rd out line drive happened to get hit right at Story. No skill by Houck. Just pure luck. If JBJ had been playing 5 feet closer the bloop hit that tied the game would of been caught and the game would of been over. Neither guy did a good job. One just was luckier than the other.

SeaBeachFred

I turned in after the sixth inning with the Sox leading 5-4 and I knew ahead of time that we would lose this game because I also know well that filthy rotten cheater well enough that he would use Hansel Robles in the ninth inning and once again this turd would blow the save and the game.  I just knew it and told my wife that.  Guess what????  This guy cannot be trusted to pitch in the ninth inning with a one run lead.  The bum just sucks and is a total choker, yet the cheater keeps sending him in.  When the hell is Cora going to learn that this is a quick way to a loss.  When you know what is going to happen and who will make it happen before it happens, you can pretty well tell who will be responsible for the failure.  Believe me, Cora will do this again with Robles because he's like the guy who keeps banging his head against the wall to try and get rid of a headache.  Today we have a bullpen game against Robby Ray.  Any one out there thinks we are going to win this series now?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 12, 2022, 11:22:58 AM
I turned in after the sixth inning with the Sox leading 5-4 and I knew ahead of time that we would lose this game because I also know well that filthy rotten cheater well enough that he would use Hansel Robles in the ninth inning and once again this turd would blow the save and the game.  I just knew it and told my wife that.  Guess what????  This guy cannot be trusted to pitch in the ninth inning with a one run lead.  The bum just sucks and is a total choker, yet the cheater keeps sending him in.  When the hell is Cora going to learn that this is a quick way to a loss.  When you know what is going to happen and who will make it happen before it happens, you can pretty well tell who will be responsible for the failure.  Believe me, Cora will do this again with Robles because he's like the guy who keeps banging his head against the wall to try and get rid of a headache.  Today we have a bullpen game against Robby Ray.  Any one out there thinks we are going to win this series now?

Postscript:  Yesterday I was totally right on perfectly predicting what would happen.  Today I was totally and completely wrong so I have some brickbats coming my way if my friends out there want to dispense some verbal artillery my way.  Facing Robby Ray who dominated us last season and going with an all bullpen game I sensed a miserable Sunday evening.  Glad I was wrong, and boy how wrong I was.  Our pitching was excellent and even Brasier had a clean inning.  Hey Cora, how about giving Houck the closer's role unless you're finally going to put him in the rotation.  AND NO MORE ROBLES IN ANY NINTH INNING OF ANY GAME WHERE WE ARE HOLDING ONLY A ONE OR TWO RUN LEAD.  Learn from your blinder you filthy rotten cheater.

MongoLikeSox

Fred, you had every reason to be concerned. Ray did, indeed, own us once again. Crawford had four 3-inning starts on Worcester for whatever reason when they sent him down. The first one was brilliant. The next 3 were bombs. I guess he was due a good one. He sure was on yesterday, though.   thumb_u