5. Jo Adell (R) RF
6. Dillon Thomas (L) LF
7. Jack Mayfield (R) 3B
8. Tyler Wade (L) 2B
9. Andrew Velazquez (S) SS

Gametime Temp: 72°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

Two center fielders. Big for Angels whether Trout (groin issue) can play.  Kike' is also out I think.

markj

Story and Xander both out tonight. Like we need to reduce the firepower. And with Arauz at SS, Arroyo at 2B, and Dalbec at 1B, I expect errors galore. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

markj

Sawamura was one strike away from getting out of a tough inning and instead gave up a 3-run dinger. This is the 3rd game in this series where the Sox have only managed one run. Not looking like they'll sweep tonight.

Schloicka

Funny thing is Sawamura was throwing the ball very well. His split finger was really working well and then they called for a fastball. Bad choice.

SeaBeachFred

Well  three of four from the Angels and I'm fine with that.  Considering two of our wins were 1-0 games we could have lost those contests. maybe even that ten inning 6-5 job on the second go-round.  Hell we could have lost all four so again I'm pleased.  What worries me in that after our previous hot streak we reverted back to the low energy cruds we were during our sinkhole early start.  I'm worried that after our seven game streak was snapped last night we might just go into the tank again---and we cannot afford to do this.  We must win this series in Seattle and come back home with confidence  that we have finally turned the corner, and one way would be  to send Arauz back down.  He cannot hit and we have shown we go very hot and cold offensively from one game to another.  We need every bat we can get in that lineup and I'm pissed off that Alex Cora still doesn't realize that.  He has to stop this habit of resting players over and over.

MongoLikeSox

Fred, maybe this was a good loss given some of the stories we were telling on the other thread? My best to the missus.  ;D