5. Christian Bethancourt (R) C
6. Seth Brown (L) 1B
7. Sheldon Neuse (R) 2B
8. Kevin Smith (R) 3B
9. Cristian Pache (R) CF

Gametime Temp: 75°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

markj

Bases loaded opportunity wasted. At least they got one run out of the inning and ran up the pitch count.

Sea Dog 23

We'll need some big innings with Hill on the hill.  Sorry,  that was the beer doing the typing.

Sea Dog 23

Since the 1st the A’s have no hits off Hill through 5 IP.  Also the Sox have only one hit sincethe 2nd off Montas.

Sea Dog 23

In the 6th Franchy got a 3run shot off Franky with two out. Now 4-1.

elktonnick

Franchy is making a statement that he wants to play every day.

elktonnick

Given the way Rich Hill is pitching,  Bloom should consider signing Bill Lee. 8)

markj

Brasier in for the 9th with a clean inning and a 4 run lead. Fingers crossed.

markj

Brasier gives up a run but closes it out for the sweep. Sox finally back to .500. Now they're going to face another .500 team. We'll see if they can handle the Halos.

elktonnick

I do not care how big a lead they have, watching Braiser pitch is not good for ones cardiac health.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on June 05, 2022, 05:58:11 PM
Brasier in for the 9th with a clean inning and a 4 run lead. Fingers crossed.

He got through it but it reminded me of Manny Delcarmen who never seemed able to get a clean inning.  Brasier is that way with his straight fastball but, hey, the offense was economical and hit when they had to.  And what can you say about Rich Hill.  He was great today in the sweep and I have always liked that he doesn't take eons to get the ball and throw it.  I have always liked that in pitchers because it keeps the infield on their toes and in the game-----and it tells the batter that "hey, get your ass in there because he comes the ball".  Sure would like to see Rich pitched that effective more often.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on June 05, 2022, 06:11:45 PM
Brasier gives up a run but closes it out for the sweep. Sox finally back to .500. Now they're going to face another .500 team. We'll see if they can handle the Halos.

Hey Markj, the Angels are in a deep losing streak.  Please Red Sox, don't let them get well until we leave Anaheim Friday morning.  The Halos have lost about a dozen games in a row and are coming home hungry and angry.  We need to bear down because we have a four game winning streak and still have a ways to go to get back in playoff contention.  My wife is a big Angels fan so I will have to be on my best behavior not to rile her up even though she is a very mild mannered lady-----until she get her dander up.  Then I may have to duck.

longgame

The only good thing about Brasier's outing was I was listening to the game on the way home from hiking with my son and had to stop at the supermarket just as Brasier took the mound.  The game was over when I got out, so I didn't have to experience it.  At least Barnes has shown signs of improvement although I don't trust him for much yet, but Brasier may be cooked.  That fat fastball down the middle of the plate doesn't fool a lot of MLB hitters.

Angels are in free fall right now, let's hope they don't bounce back soon. 

MongoLikeSox

MongoLikeSox

I enjoyed watching Hill pitch two days ago. The umpire was gracious to his cause, and was calling it poorly for both sides. If you can't be good, at least be consistent, right? :)