5. Tyler Stephenson (R) C
6. Kyle Farmer (R) SS
7. Mike Moustakas (L) DH
8. Albert Almora Jr. (R) RF
9. Matt Reynolds (R) 2B

Gametime Temp: 59°F
Chance of Precip: 58%

longgame

Hunter Green has a 5.89 ERA and a WHIP of 1.51  If they can't knock this guy around, it's time to jettison the dead weight.

Sea Dog 23

Greens fastball is also clocked at a cool 102.  Wasn't he from the Yankees system?

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on June 01, 2022, 01:23:23 PM
Greens fastball is also clocked at a cool 102.  Wasn't he from the Yankees system?

He was drafted and came up with the Reds and this is his first season.  I saw that he has the highest average fastball in the majors at 100. 

Also note Kike out and Franchy in the leadoff spot.  Since May 14 Franchy has an OBP of .321 and OPS of .841 vs .314/.737 for Kike.  So more pop and more speed.  Let's see how he does.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on June 01, 2022, 01:58:15 PM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on June 01, 2022, 01:23:23 PM

He was drafted and came up with the Reds and this is his first season.  I saw that he has the highest average fastball in the majors at 100. 

Also note Kike out and Franchy in the leadoff spot.  Since May 14 Franchy has an OBP of .321 and OPS of .841 vs .314/.737 for Kike.  So more pop and more speed.  Let's see how he does.

I'm just hoping for a win of any kind from this miserable bunch of chokers and underachievers.  I wonder if they'll give us on Ted after three straight losses.

longgame

Let’s hope so Fred.  They head out west after this and I imagine viewership will be down for that.  I won’t stay up late for this slop.  Then I’m on vacation, most of the time fishing and camping and won’t see or hear much baseball.

Sea Dog 23

Green has a personal record of 9 strikeouts.  7 K's already through 3 IP.  I don't think JDM has charted those kind of pitches in awhile.

Sea Dog 23

Sox get to Green for 3 runs in the 4th.  Verdugo with a double and 2 rbi's.  Still batting.

longgame

Reds announcers were stunned Cora took Whitlock out.  Me too because I've seen our bullpen!

I found the board to be unavailable for a while.  Anyone else have a problem?

markj

markj

markj

Good win. Didn't need those extra runs after all, but it was good to see them.

longgame

Quote from: markj on June 01, 2022, 08:55:33 PM
Good win. Didn't need those extra runs after all, but it was good to see them.

I have a feeling if they didn't have them, they would have needed them.

Saw that Barnes went to 15 day IL.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: longgame on June 01, 2022, 08:32:52 PM
Reds announcers were stunned Cora took Whitlock out.  Me too because I've seen our bullpen!
I didn't watch his last inning all that closely. I've got no idea if he was laboring or beginning to miss his spots. 70 pitches does seem low at this point, though.

MongoLikeSox

So, we went 3-4 on a home stand that should have been 6-1, 5-2 territory. We blew up on a 6-run lead one night.

We scored 8-5-2-12-0-10-1-7 runs. Is that a focus problem? Team-wide self-discipline problems? Well, what we know is this. Unlike last season, they are fully capable of putting together professional at-bats. We've seen it too often. Will they on any given night? Who knows? It's amazing how much that approach thing changes from night to night. They can make any pitcher look great on any given night.