5. Tyler Stephenson (R) C
6. Kyle Farmer (R) SS
7. Mike Moustakas (L) DH
8. Albert Almora Jr. (R) CF
9. Matt Reynolds (R) 2B

Gametime Temp: 58°F
Chance of Precip: 3%

longgame

2 game series and I'll get the "home" broadcast from Cincinnati here in Charlotte.  So stupid, if anything, a local Boston advertiser would want to reach me since I have a relationship with Boston and end up in the area from time to time.  I haven't been to Cincinnati in nearly 40 years and have no plans to go back!

longgame

Without doing much analysis, it seems if Hernandez hits, things happen.  If not, they all struggle.  Of course Devers, Bogey and JDM are all hitting regularly, so I'm sure Bloom can't wait to trade them.

longgame

Sox are 12-1 vs the Reds in inter league and Cincy hasn’t won in Fenway since the 1975 World Series.

Sea Dog 23

Sox have not scored a run in last 14 innings against last place teams.  Also only 5 hits in all that time. Its gonna tack some pride playing at home or some stronger words from the manager.

BoSoxFanNY

longgame

Our two week vacation from the real Red Sox is clearly over.  Instead of good at bats and good defense, they’ve gone back to hurrying throws and swinging at anything and everything. 

They were supposed to tear up this stretch of the schedule if they wanted to get back into it.  That’s apparently not going to happen. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on May 31, 2022, 08:46:44 PM
Our two week vacation from the real Red Sox is clearly over.  Instead of good at bats and good defense, they’ve gone back to hurrying throws and swinging at anything and everything. 

They were supposed to tear up this stretch of the schedule if they wanted to get back into it.  That’s apparently not going to happen.

They're toast!!!!!!!!!!!   Time to back up the garbage truck and haul away this gutless, prideless pack of turds.  We are now rebuilding whether Prune Face wants to or not and time to send bums like Barnes, Sawamura, Brasier and the rest of the bullpen packing to elsewhere.  The team lacks pride and has the rare capacity to disgrace themselves.  Imagine losing 10-0 to the Orioles and losing to the Reds at home.  My gunsights are now squarely aimed at Bloomer Boy who must  refit the team for a painful two or three year retooling, and since that cheap bastard of an owner still refuses to spend any real money to mend our pitching staff, it may be time to trade Bogaerts (who is leaving anyway after this season) and Devers since the front office doesn't want to pay him what he is worth.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: longgame on May 31, 2022, 08:46:44 PM

Sadly, true.

MongoLikeSox

How many of the Sox hitters returned to their impatient approach since the big homer day on Sunday? Monday and Tuesday was back to April. I think the worst of the bunch in terms of patience was Xander. Some of what he was swinging at was never a strike. I think he knew it too.

Both of their runs on throwing errors by the left side. This is where an experienced and good defender at 1B becomes important. Franchy can look good at times, but he's a fish out of water when it comes to 1B and plays where he needs to save the day. He's learning on the fly, so not his fault. Dever's throw needed a decisive move off of 1b. That's rarified air, like Moreland type of good. Bogarts throw was the one a big leaguer is supposed to scoop all season long.  All IMHO, of course.