GAME #49 - MONDAY, MAY 30, 2022 - BALTIMORE ORIOLES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, May 29, 2022, 07:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MongoLikeSox

Hill had nothing this night. As bad as he was, watching him get out of an inning the one time he did get out of a jam was impressive. Everyone in the park knew Hill had no curve going and he wins the battle with well placed fast balls. It was quite fun to watch, but that was one batter.

I hope those rough starts become a distant memory very soon.

Fred, Seabold is indeed hurt. Not sure if it's serious or just needs a little rest. For now, it's just some rest, I think. The big worry on him is what we saw in his start in Boston last season. He has to be precise because he does not throw hard. They wonder if he has what it takes to get big leaguers out.   

SeaBeachFred

We still can't seem to develop a quality starting pitcher who can bring the heart and break off a curve and control what he throws.  I've heard this type of crap  for years and you guys have heard it from me.  Our pitching coaches and teachers have to be one pile of crap because we haven't developed even ONE DAMN good pitcher since Jon Lester back around 2004-2005 j ust before he made it to the Big Leagues.  I don't know of any team in the game that has such a shitty record of pi tching player development.  Maybe we should back up the truck for these rotten pitching instructors and haul them away with the rest of the garbage.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 02, 2022, 05:15:50 PM
We still can't seem to develop a quality starting pitcher who can bring the heart and break off a curve and control what he throws.  I've heard this type of crap  for years and you guys have heard it from me.  Our pitching coaches and teachers have to be one pile of crap because we haven't developed even ONE DAMN good pitcher since Jon Lester back around 2004-2005 j ust before he made it to the Big Leagues.  I don't know of any team in the game that has such a shitty record of pi tching player development.  Maybe we should back up the truck for these rotten pitching instructors and haul them away with the rest of the garbage.

Last night I watched some of the Woo Sox on NESN.  Our pitcher, a guy named Brandon Walter, got lit up for 6 runs in 1 2/3, so he's major league ready. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 31, 2022, 06:49:39 AM
To spread the misery, getting back to the Phillies they seem to mirror the Sox in the NL.  A $240mil club, also 10 games back in the NLEast.  They have two consistent batters.  Their $100mil RF Castellanos is batting .181 over 17 games.  Their $70 mil Schwarber is batting .181 for the year. And yes, their closers are awful.  Another blown save in the 9th at home yesterday.

They do mirror us Sea Dog, but they made a move by firing Joe Girardi who, by the way, I always thought was a good manager and still do.  They skimped on pitching in the off season and went for offense, but as we have seen as Red Sox fans, it is pitching that wins games.  Just look at the Yankees and Rays if you need proof.  Not that our offense has been great shakes of late.  Oh sure, we can to our and score ten or 12 runs most anytime, then go for three or four games when we can't seem to get a clutch hit or score more than one or two runs.