5. Ramon Urias (R) 3B
6. Adley Rutschman (S) C
7. Jorge Mateo (R) SS
8. Ryan McKenna (R) CF
9. Chris Owings (R) 2B

Gametime Temp: 80°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

Wells is 6.50 era in road starts this year, better at Camden Yards, 2.29.

longgame

Funny to think that the 5th game of a series against the O's on Memorial Day is somehow important. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on May 30, 2022, 04:28:40 PM
Funny to think that the 5th game of a series against the O's on Memorial Day is somehow important.

But we all know it is Ted.  Lose this game as we did in the nightcap of the DH Saturday and one again we are playing potsy instead of making a real move up in the standings.  Win the game and we might be once again making a move upwards.  And can Hill finall pitch more than four damn innings.  He needs to go six or seven for a change to take the pressure off our bullpen which since 2019 is tied with Philly with the most blown saves in baseball.......52!!!!!!

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 30, 2022, 04:48:30 PM
Quote from: longgame on May 30, 2022, 04:28:40 PM

But we all know it is Ted.  Lose this game as we did in the nightcap of the DH Saturday and one again we are playing potsy instead of making a real move up in the standings.  Win the game and we might be once again making a move upwards.  And can Hill finall pitch more than four damn innings.  He needs to go six or seven for a change to take the pressure off our bullpen which since 2019 is tied with Philly with the most blown saves in baseball.......52!!!!!!

Fred that's funny.  We actually helped Philly add to their blown save miseries, giving them  Workman and Hembree.  Sox got the better end of that deal with Pivetta and Seabold.

Sea Dog 23

Well Rich Hill gets roughed up in the 1st, a homer and a triple produce two runs.

markj

Xander can't accurately throw the ball 50ft to 1B. Would have liked to see that again, but this dipshit director is more interested in showing the clowns in the booth than what's happening on the field. Enough of this. Show the damn field of play. Bad enough we have to listen to these bozos droning on and on. Do we have to watch them as well?

markj

Sox heading for a home series loss to the lowly Orioles. Rich Hill is not SP material.

Sea Dog 23

Cora is lucky Sox wont be in last place tomorrow.  But this club is so up and down,  I dont know how he can get momentum going with only two, maybe three reliable pitchers.  July is going to be decision time again.

longgame

This team is getting tougher and tougher to watch.  If a starter blows it early, they’re done.  The bullpen won’t hold anything and the bats are once again flummoxed by a bad pitcher.  Sloppy game all around and they’re headed back in the toilet. 

At least the Sox broadcast sounds more interesting than the O’s broadcast where we learned that Worcester is a couple of hours away from Boston to the Southwest, which would be where I grew up, Old Saybrook, CT, not where I went to college in Worcester. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 30, 2022, 07:33:27 PM
Cora is lucky Sox wont be in last place tomorrow.  But this club is so up and down,  I dont know how he can get momentum going with only two, maybe three reliable pitchers.  July is going to be decision time again.

I think Cora has the MARK OF CAIN on him.  Most everything he does blows up in his bearded face.  The team is back to its usual win one, lose one routine and with this series loss to the Orioles I'm about ready to throw in the towel on this season.  Rich Hill looks like shit on the mound and has been getting hammered of late.  At 43 it is time to put him out to pasture and call someone else up like Seabold.  We heard so much talk about this guy when we got him in a trade, so why the hell is he still laboring in the minors when we have a plethora of shit going out there both in the rotation and especially in the bullpen.  Or is Seabold hurt like so many others of our crappy pitching prospect supply?  Back to the FRC again.  Ever since he put his recently crowned World Series Championship team through that mickey mouse Spring Training in March of 2019 the team has been playing in such a way that after a good run of say five or six wins they look totally exhausted out there like tonight.  It is very evident to me that we are going no place this season and I'm calling it in right now, so that means either we play out the string, trade those players that cheap bastard of an owner will not pay, or b ring up the kids and hope that Blomer Boy selects the right people for the key positions instead of the wrong ones or some of the FRC's favorites and start our rebuild because I have had it with this bunch of turds.

markj

markj

Red Sox pitching gave up 31 runs on this homestand against the basement dwelling Orioles.

Sea Dog 23

To spread the misery, getting back to the Phillies they seem to mirror the Sox in the NL.  A $240mil club, also 10 games back in the NLEast.  They have two consistent batters.  Their $100mil RF Castellanos is batting .181 over 17 games.  Their $70 mil Schwarber is batting .181 for the year. And yes, their closers are awful.  Another blown save in the 9th at home yesterday.

longgame

Just pathetic.  If a reliever comes in, I think they’re telling him first you clear the bases of any inherited runners and if there are none, go walk a couple.  Like Fred said, Hill looks cooked.  Get the young arms up and see what they can do.

Then there’s the whole lineup taking a day off against poor pitching.  It’s either feast or famine with the offense and if a starter goesn’t go 9 chances are they lose.