GAME #45 - FRIDAY, MAY 27, 2022 - BALTIMORE ORIOLES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, May 27, 2022, 10:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

What a punch in the gut that game was. Oof. Hopefully this doesn't lead to another extended losing streak.

markj

Double-header tomorrow. Not at all confident that this BP will be ready.

Sea Dog 23

Just a complete breakdown from the bullpen.  10 runs.  No question, when you go cheapskate on pitching to control the late innings, losses will add up.  You can hide the weak guys over a month or so, but 160 games will expose all the very bad to average pitching.  Sox have been streaky, but they are only 5 wins out of 17 in the ALEast this year.

elktonnick

You nailed it!  I would add however Cora's way of parading BP guys through games contributes to their overuse and exposure.

longgame

It’s such a shame that the team has gelled and they get typically good starting pitching and a roaring offense, but the pen can’t hold any lead.

MongoLikeSox

That one was a gut punch. I repeat everything I said the last 10 times this happened this season. One strategic move I did not like was taking Schrieber out after he settled down, and I said that at the time it happened to the little missus. 

The announcer was part of the first ever tandem of female broadcasters in pro baseball a couple years ago for Salem. She became the first lead play by play broadcaster in MLB this for the Orioles. I think he'll settle down into a good one after she gets some feedback about the nonsense, odd terminology, etc. That said, I agree that she is tough to listen to at this moment.

Call me Joe Optimism?