5. Yasmani Grandal (S) C
6. Gavin Sheets (L) DH
7. Jake Burger (R) 3B
8. Leury Garcia (S) 2B
9. Adam Engel (R) CF

Gametime Temp: 66°F
Chance of Precip: 21%

SeaBeachFred

Whatever it takes to win, we must do it tonight, not only to win another series but to come home with a little good feeling that we have really turned the corner. The team surely knows what they have to do----so do it!!!!!

Sea Dog 23

Sox up 3-0 in the 1st.  Kike' with a homer to lead off.  Verdugo and Story follow with hits to bring in another pair.

Schloicka

Schloicka

markj

Pale Hose trying to maim each other over a foul ball. Sox up 9-5.

markj

Pale Hose are imploding. Keystone Kops stuff. Hard to believe this same team swept the Sox at Fenway.

markj

Meatball Matt has a 9 run lead and is still walking batters.

markj

Barnes has walked the bases full. Wanna bet he walks in a run? Pale Hose could make no contact with the ball this inning and still score a run. WTF?

markj

He did. he walked in a run. 4 walks in the inning. WTF is he still on this team?

markj

Sea Dog 23

With the awakening of the bats the last couple weeks, everybody in the lineup is above the Mendoza line, except for Dalbec and Arroyo, who played RF this game.  Man, JDM is en fuego at .380.

longgame

JD is up around .500 for the month.  Story seems to come up with men on base every time and has been an RBI machine.  With the three guys all hitting .300 ahead of him he'll have plenty of opportunities.   Can they keep it up?  Chicago is a pretty good team. 

This is tough, they're sucking me in.  I want to believe, but..... 

The bottom line is they've got pretty good starting pitching most of the time, although Wacha struggled a bit.  But the bullpen is such a mess.  Schreiber is the only guy I have confidence in right now but like everything else, you feel like the next shoe is going to drop.  I think it's time for Barnes to go on the IL and then do long rehab stint in Worcester.  He's a freaking disaster. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on May 27, 2022, 07:52:05 AM
JD is up around .500 for the month.  Story seems to come up with men on base every time and has been an RBI machine.  With the three guys all hitting .300 ahead of him he'll have plenty of opportunities.   Can they keep it up?  Chicago is a pretty good team. 

This is tough, they're sucking me in.  I want to believe, but..... 

The bottom line is they've got pretty good starting pitching most of the time, although Wacha struggled a bit.  But the bullpen is such a mess.  Schreiber is the only guy I have confidence in right now but like everything else, you feel like the next shoe is going to drop.  I think it's time for Barnes to go on the IL and then do long rehab stint in Worcester.  He's a freaking disaster.

I wonder if the fans are aware that the team scored 33 run in three games against the White Sox---BUT ONLY WON TWO OF THE GAMES!!!!!!!  When you score that many you win the three games, and I will always demand that when we score in double figured in a three or four ame set WE WIN ALL THOSE DAMN GAMES!!!!!!!