5. Yasmani Grandal (S) C
6. Gavin Sheets (L) DH
7. Leury Garcia (S) 2B
8. Andrew Vaughn (R) RF
9. Adam Engel (R) CF

Gametime Temp: 57°F
Chance of Precip: 3%

markj

Tough game here. Pale Hose kicked our butts last time and played rough against the Yankees.

Sea Dog 23

Kike'  starts it with a solo dinger.  Story stay hot with a 3-run blast to make it 4-0 in the 1st.  Poverty now pitching with a nice cushion.

markj

Sox up 6-0 now. Pivetta has a cushion. Let's hope he also has a good outing.

QuotePoverty now pitching with a nice cushion.

Gotta love spellcheck. rofl

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: markj on May 24, 2022, 07:55:22 PM

LOL,, my tablet wanted to type "Like" three times,getting the first homer.

longgame

I was worried that the Sox would have a letdown in their momentum after the off day.  Instead it seems to have energized them further.

Raffy on pace for 200 hits and 40 bombs!  He makes it look easy.

markj

Now 9-0 and they ain't done yet. Small bit of revenge for the sweep at Fenway.

markj

Pivetta gives up a 2-run dinger. Still, 8 runs *should* be a good enough cushion. Now 10-2.

markj

markj

markj

Dalbec got himself a buzz cut. Not sure it will make a difference, but who knows.

markj

Meatball Matt is walking batters. Can't find the strike zone.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on May 24, 2022, 07:55:22 PM

I certainly can't talk.  Sometimes I make mistakes and forget to proofread what I wrote.  I'll give my friend a "get out of jail card for his goof.

MongoLikeSox

The Canes were down 3 goals, so I switched over to baseball. The Sox were up big already in the 2nd.

I Watched for a few more innings, curious about Pivetta dealing with a big lead more than anything. He had a couple rough spots, but got it under control. I missed the 6th because I thought he would be pulled after the 5th. I guess he finally settled down. He had a lot of waiting time as the Red Sox batters laid it on. Another learning opportunity. He's fun to root for. Takes a little longer to get there, but he gets there. 

Cease was lucky to only give up what he gave up. He didn't have any real zip on his fastball until the end. Glad we got him on a night like that. Giolito got touched up by us recently. I bet he'll be out for revenge. There's an article headline on the White Sox MLB page - "Is Cease tipping pitches?" He said they sure did have some comfortable swings. You guys saw what I saw last night. Cement mixers and misplaced fastballs. When he threw a good slider, we looked silly. 

I wonder if the White Sox were on an emotional letdown after that tense Yankees' series they went through? I think a couple more games of mental relaxation oughta do them fine.  thumb_u

longgame

What an amazing turnaround for Story.  I think we were all ready to run him out of town a week ago.  Clearly he's not going to hit like this forever, but the way Devers, JD and Bogey are going, he's going to have a lot of opportunities to drive in runs.   I just love to see the bottom of the order get going too.  JBJ with a double and hustling down to beat the DP throw was good to see.  Vazquez was feeling it too.  Franchy continues to be interesting to watch and develop.

Now if we only had a bullpen because we won't have blowouts every night.  Sawamura and Barnes couldn't throw strikes with a 10 run lead.  WTF?

In the meantime, Worcester won their game 13-2!