5. AJ Pollock (R) LF
6. Jake Burger (R) DH
7. Adam Engel (R) CF
8. Reese McGuire (L) C
9. Josh Harrison (R) 2B

Gametime Temp: 68°F
Chance of Precip: 51%

longgame

I didn't watch the whole game but kept checking in and watched the Sox at bats for the most part.  Seemed like Raffy was trying to hit everything out and they also ended up leaving a lot of men on base.  Giolito and the ump seemed hard to read.  A lot of strikes called outside the strike zone.  Let's hope it's just a bump in the road.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on May 26, 2022, 08:03:26 AM
I didn't watch the whole game but kept checking in and watched the Sox at bats for the most part.  Seemed like Raffy was trying to hit everything out and they also ended up leaving a lot of men on base.  Giolito and the ump seemed hard to read.  A lot of strikes called outside the strike zone.  Let's hope it's just a bump in the road.

I didn't watch the game last night Ted so I am going on what you said.   It totally makes sense.  Raffy does  have a tendency to swing for the downs when he is hot and we have been a poster team for leaving men on base.......so nothing surprising there.  More importantly we HAD BETTER HOPE IT'S JUST A BUMP IN THE ROAD because we are coming off a hot streak, one in which we are going to have to repeat four or five more times because of that very bad start and streak of losing we've had.  It is head shaking though for a team to score 16 runs one game and get stuck with only 1 the next.  If we can get a solid pitching performance out of Wacha tonight and bring some of those  runners home we can win this series and get back home to try for another hot run.  If not then our hot streak might have been for naught.  As we all know there is an awful lot of catching up to do.