6. Eugenio Suarez (R) 3B
7. Abraham Toro (S) 2B
8. Mike Ford (L) DH
9. Luis Torrens (R) C

Gametime Temp: 81°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

Sea Dog 23

Raffy starts the comeback in the 5th with a 2-run bomb. Dalbek with an RBI single.  Now trailing 5-4and still batting.

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on May 21, 2022, 06:11:26 PM
Sox pull off a come-from-behind win. 4 in a row now.

Come from behind wins is usually a telling marker for a team that is successful or one on the rise.  We have now won this series three games to one more coming up, and we even got a three out save from the meatball, though two balls were hard rather hard.  Still he got the job done and speaking of jobs done Bloom had better get on the horn and sign Devers long term and tell Henry it has to get done. Unless we have a phenom third base prospect blooming (sorry wrong word), I mean developing on the farm, must sign this guy.  Bad start for Whit and I wonder if he would rather pitch in relief even though we can use him as a starter.  Anyway, we got the job done and seem to be trending in the right direction....finally, I hope.

Sea Dog 23

Game 40 was significant IMO because of the work from this year's anemic 7 and 8 hole, and add in Dalbec.  Sure, Devers was the highlight Sat.  But the Sox may look back on this game for a building block.  Dalbec with an RBI hit in the 4- run 5th.  Then in the 8th Cordero gets a triple and scores the game winner on Yaz's blast off the wall. 

Those things may not happen too often, but those batters will have something to lift them up when they come up later in the year with games on the line.  That will help Story as well, if he gets on base and the 7-8 guys coming up.  I don't have a feel for JBJ this year, he is just not a clutch hitter with men on base, and far from the other young ones, Jackie has a history of what happens in games.