6. Trevor Story (R) 2B
7. Franchy Cordero (L) 1B
8. Kevin Plawecki (R) C
9. Jackie Bradley Jr. (L) RF

Astros

Jose Urquidy (R)

Gametime Temp: 63°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Just find a win and take another series for a change.  Two series wins in a row might tell us that there is some progress being made.  Winning one and losing two is shit for the bi rds and tells me we still stink.  Do what needs to be done to make it two in a row.  As for a series sweep I haven't gone off the deep end yet; I know too well how crappy we a run from the owner's office, down to Bloomer Boy with his crappy deals and with Cora stubbornly doing the same things over and over with is relievers trying to get a different result.  Earth to Cora....no more Brasier, Barnes except as mop-up. 

Sea Dog 23

As far as relievers you can trust in the late innings, Schreiber and Strohm had good innings last night.  Schreiber did give up a couple runs over the weekend.  Danish is still a little inconsistent, see Sunday's game.  As far as Sale, when he returns, he could solve the bullpen mess like he did in the '18 WS.  I just dont think he has the physicality to start a game and go 50-60 pitches.

Schloicka

BoSoxFanNY

OMG -
Eovaldi had a great first inning - 5 pitches, 3 outs.
Second inning IMPLOSION - 5 home runs . . .
Astros 9 - Sox 1

WTF?????

Sea Dog 23

Really abysmal showing.  Now 13-3 in the 4th.  One certainty, Plawecki will stay in the lineup to pitch the 8th and 9th. Vaz comes on to catch.  What a year this has been.

markj

longgame

I was on the phone with my son and kept interrupting him with "Oh my God"!  What a display that was.  Amazing how the wind was blowing out like that only when the Astros batted, but must have died down when the Warning Track Sox came to bat. 

Every now and then you get these blowout games and if they hadn't stunk it up all year already this wouldn't be a big deal.  What's a really big deal is that Eovaldi has been giving up HRs at an alarming rates, almost as fast as Dalbec strikes out. 

It was a good night to watch the previous night's recording of "Better Call Saul".

elktonnick

Ok.Eovaldi had a bad night. But that is not what was really disturbing about last night.  The Sox went 2 for 14 with runners in scoring position.  They left 13 men on base.  That is what was disturbing.  They had enough hits to have made that game competitive.  After 39 games it should be obvious to even Blooming idiot that Bradley, Hernandez Plewecki and Dalbec should not be on this club.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on May 18, 2022, 08:41:23 AM
Ok.Eovaldi had a bad night. But that is not what was really disturbing about last night.  The Sox went 2 for 14 with runners in scoring position.  They left 13 men on base.  That is what was disturbing.  They had enough hits to have made that game competitive.  After 39 games it should be obvious to even Blooming idiot that Bradley, Hernandez Plewecki and Dalbec should not be on this club.

Well send for a moving van, back up the truck and put Bradley, Dalbec, Brasier and Meatball on it and then move out the trash.

MongoLikeSox

They were selling the wind thing big time, but truth is, a few of those pitches were grooved. It sort of reminded me of that game back in the '70's against the Bluejays where we got 7HRs in a row. Except we was on the wrong side of that this time.