Throw fans a bone day

Started by Sea Dog 23, May 05, 2022, 08:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

I'm going to go out on a limb and say today the front office is gonna give the fans some scraps to soothe their high blood pressure.  A trade involving our prospects, two of Downs/Duran/Bello/Walter/Valdez/Groom(??) for an ace bull pen guy and a utility man. 

It's band-aid time for Bloom again, trying to plug holes in a poorly constructed dyke, and a very late salvo to save his job in a season going down the drain.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 05, 2022, 08:01:53 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say today the front office is gonna give the fans some scraps to soothe their high blood pressure.  A trade involving our prospects, two of Downs/Duran/Bello/Walter/Valdez/Groom(??) for an ace bull pen guy and a utility man. 

It's band-aid time for Bloom again, trying to plug holes in a poorly constructed dyke, and a very late salvo to save his job in a season going down the drain.

You give Bloom more credit than I do Sea Dog.   He has really screwed the pooch with his lame brained construction of our team, but I give you tons of credit for trying to throw that guy a life preserver.  My worry is if you are right he might trade some of our better prospects like Casas, Yorke, and Mayer and keep overrated prospects like Broome, Downs and and others.   Well take another look at your crystal ball my friend and see if you have his one right because it you that seemingly incompetent baseball ops director had better be right on this trade.

Sea Dog 23

This might be the bone.  On MLBTraderumors.com speculation of releasing Cordero, or even JBJ. Possibly optioning Dalbek and the callup could be Casas.  That is speculation on one of those.

For certain, Sox are calling up Duran for tonight, Friday, and putting Kike on the IL for symptoms of covid, even tho he's tested negative.

longgame

I think everyone would love to see Casas but as always you have to wonder when the right time is to bring someone up, or have them work on their game at AAA.  The way this season may be going, it might not matter having them acclimate at the MLB level.  How's that kid, Fitzpatrick I think?, doing after hitting some bombs this ST?

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on May 06, 2022, 12:39:42 PM
I think everyone would love to see Casas but as always you have to wonder when the right time is to bring someone up, or have them work on their game at AAA.  The way this season may be going, it might not matter having them acclimate at the MLB level.  How's that kid, Fitzpatrick I think?, doing after hitting some bombs this ST?

Fitzy still hot.  Voted Sox minor  leaguer of the month.  Six dingers in April ... four in first four games.  .306/.370/.694, but a 32% K rate.

MongoLikeSox

MLB - dot - com is already touting the trade deals and we're still almost two months out. Too soon. For a sport that should be keen on building fan bases, they really jump on this trade deadline thing for everything it's worth. The potential chips we have is huge, and that's just on the end of season FAs in house. They better start soon or Bloom will get his way.