GAME #24 - TUESDAY, MAY 3, 2022 - LOS ANGELES ANGELS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, May 03, 2022, 08:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

So... JBJ and Franchy each come up with a pair of hits, Plawecki adds one and lo and behold, if someone outside of the 2-3-4 hitters starts hitting they can score some runs. 

Nice to see Franchy hit but the Sox really need an actual 1B who can hit and play the position.  Imagine Dalbec, a pretty poor 1B himself, being a defensive replacement.

Pitching was good.  Amazing how much better Brasier is when he comes in for a clean inning versus letting inherited runners score.  Sawamura just is too inconsistent for me and we know he'll be laboring in the warm weather like last year, but he had a good inning too.

Still would be nice to have a MLB level 1B, RF and closer.

Sea Dog 23

I thought Franchy did a fair job fielding 1B.  In three games hes batting .300 on 10  PA, no K's and drew one wallk.  Small sample, but he did not suffer from stage fright ... yet.

How about Sawa striking out Ohtani to end the game? They'll be talking about that one in Japan.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 04, 2022, 01:12:08 PM
I thought Franchy did a fair job fielding 1B.  In three games hes batting .300 on 10  PA, no K's and drew one wallk.  Small sample, but he did not suffer from stage fright ... yet.

How about Sawa striking out Ohtani to end the game? They'll be talking about that one in Japan.

Considering his limited experience he does okay at 1B.  Maybe this is his ticket if he can keep hitting and improve defensively.