4. Austin Hays (R) LF
5. Rougned Odor (L) 2B
6. Ramon Urias (R) 3B
7. Tyler Nevin (R) DH
8. Robinson Chirinos (R) C
9. Chris Owings (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 64°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Dalbec gets another shot today and he needs to start showing the power he showed last season.  TFC has been very patient with him just like the front office has been with the stinking Bradley but both need to start hitting and I don't know if Dalbec can.  I know Bradley can't.

Sea Dog 23

I don't know the whole story, but JDM was scratched from the lneup.  Arroyo to DH.

OK, the deal with JD, he has the lingering groin issue.

markj

Eovaldi has pitched well so far. Sox bats just won't give him any support.

elktonnick

Eovaldi is a real warrior.  What is it with Sox hitters. Half the guys in this lineup are hitting below the Mendoza line.

elktonnick

markj

Unreal. Sox find yet another new way to lose. How is it a pitcher can't make that throw accurately?

elktonnick

Sawamura strikes again.  He had him cold at 3rd and just threw the ball away.  This team is a total mess right now.  They are playing about as bad as any team in the game.  It is a travesty.

longgame

You have to be kidding me.  At least they keep it fresh by finding different ways to lose.  Of course we knew when we got rid of a productive hitter in RF, kept the 2B in CF instead of looking for a slugging OF and didn’t address the vacuum at 1B that this team wouldn’t hit, but I didn’t think they could be this bad.

longgame

6 hits from 1-4 in the lineup, 1 hit from the other 5 spots.  Plawecki.  You can’t win when more than half the lineup doesn’t hit.

elktonnick

Quote from: longgame on April 30, 2022, 09:20:02 PM
You have to be kidding me.  At least they keep it fresh by finding different ways to lose.  Of course we knew when we got rid of a productive hitter in RF, kept the 2B in CF instead of looking for a slugging OF and didn’t address the vacuum at 1B that this team wouldn’t hit, but I didn’t think they could be this bad.
I think Bloom is over his head.  The team lacks all focus at the plate and is totally misconstructed..  Bloom obviously thinks players can play anywhere and it will not have an adverse impact.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on April 30, 2022, 09:20:02 PM

We can't it, we can't field, we can't run the bases, our pitchers for the most part can't pitch.....WE  ARE A TOTALLY SHITTY TEAM RIGHT NOW AND WE ARE NOT GOING TO GET BETTER ANY TIME SOON, BUT WE CAN SHAKE THE TEAM UP AND MAYBE TELL THE PLAYERS THAT THIS KIND OF MISERABLE BALLPLAYING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED BECAUSE IT CANNOT DO ANYTHING BUT DESTROY THIS SEASON.  I knew we were headed for trouble when we traded slugging outfielder Hunter Renfroe for the shittiest hitter in the game.  Why did we get Bradley back?  It makes no sense save for my opinion that he is a favorite of Prune Face.  He is a pile of shit at the plate, now hitting 156 in something like a one for 26 slump of thereabouts. GET RID OF THIS GUY AND CONCEDE THAT HE IS JUST A SUNK COST BECAUSE HE WILL COST US EVEN MORE DEARLY IF HE REMAINS IN OUR TEAM.  There is no rhyme or reason for this nine year flop to be still on the team in any capacity and I think most fans now know that.

Dalbec either starts hitting or is sent down at the end of May.  I think we  can give him a little more time since he did hit with good power last season after a slow start while anyone with half a brain knows Bradley brings nothing to the attack except failure after failure.  Please front office, get this rotten bum out of Boston once and for all.  We'll be in last place tomorrow and if there aren't some real changes real soon we will have our fifth last place finish in 11 years when the season end.  And there are about five pitchers who need to go.  I'll talk about that tomorrow.

Sea Dog 23

Watched some of the Mets-Phils game.  The Fox guys were talking about the lack of offense numbers this year.  Factors, deader baseballs, humidity on balls in many parks this time of year, some teams carrying 16 pitchers to outwit fewer batters.  Sox .230 team avg only trails MLB avg at .243.  I think last year MLB avg wwas .265 this time of year.

longgame

Bloom definitely doesn't know how to construct a team, as seen last year as well when he traded for Schwarber when they needed a 1B, then he couldn't play for a month anyhow.  Story may yet work out at 2B, but the better 2B is in CF, the better CF is in RF, but he can't hit and they still don't have a 1B.  Then no closer either and the "strategy" for starters is to a) burn 2 guys for one slot and b) hope 2 other guys come back later this year (which will be the reason they give when they make no moves during the season). 

Dalbec has run out of time.  They could carry him if they had anyone else who could hit, but they don't, at least not down in the order where he is.  Dalbec and JBJ back to back is the end of an inning. 

Lot of teams aren't hitting well, but the Sox are miserably bad.  Other teams manage to hit the occasional HR.  The guys at the top of the order are actually hitting well.  We have 4 or 5 guys on a nightly basis who don't get a hit. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on May 01, 2022, 11:52:59 AM
Bloom definitely doesn't know how to construct a team, as seen last year as well when he traded for Schwarber when they needed a 1B, then he couldn't play for a month anyhow.  Story may yet work out at 2B, but the better 2B is in CF, the better CF is in RF, but he can't hit and they still don't have a 1B.  Then no closer either and the "strategy" for starters is to a) burn 2 guys for one slot and b) hope 2 other guys come back later this year (which will be the reason they give when they make no moves during the season). 

Dalbec has run out of time.  They could carry him if they had anyone else who could hit, but they don't, at least not down in the order where he is.  Dalbec and JBJ back to back is the end of an inning. 

Lot of teams aren't hitting well, but the Sox are miserably bad.  Other teams manage to hit the occasional HR.  The guys at the top of the order are actually hitting well.  We have 4 or 5 guys on a nightly basis who don't get a hit.

Hey Ted, you cry on my shoulder and I will do the same for you.  How bad is it that I can't even stand to watch the games anymore.  My wife told me they are on TV today and I told her when I just got on this board to just change the channel to Fox News.  Henry just doesn't want to spend any more money and, others are right, Bloom doesn't seem to know how to build a team for a season and we can only hope he does better in assembling the right mix for the supposed next Red Sox "WAVE" that might or might not come to fruition because if he picks the wrong guys for key positions we will be rebuilding well into the next decade.  Many of you want to give this a little more time, like till the end of June or so, but from my vantage point we need to cut bait fast.  The Yankees look like they are finally putting it all together and the Jays look like a team coming into its own.  Ditto for TB who always seem to make the most of what they have.  We need to get rid of Bradley and I will keep saying that until they do, and if Dalbec doesn't get his shit together soon he must be send down to work on his hitting and confidence.  As for our pitchers, YUK, what a pack of bums we have in the bullpen and our starters are two short of a decent rotation.  I leave you and others with this question.....In your opinion does John Henry even give a shit about his team anymore?