Main Menu

Shaw DFA'd

Started by longgame, April 29, 2022, 11:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

Apparently they plan to play Franchy at 1B, even though he appears to have only 3 games there.  WTF are these guys thinking?

markj

About time they DFA’d Shaw. I was surprised they even brought him back this year.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on April 29, 2022, 11:33:54 AM
Apparently they plan to play Franchy at 1B, even though he appears to have only 3 games there.  WTF are these guys thinking?
H
He's on the cheap.   he was DFA'd last October and nobody claimed him.  The y must see some redeeming value in this guy.

Sea Dog 23

MLB ruled that roster trimming to 26 was today.  The casualties were Jaylin Davis (hit 2-4 on Sunday) and Philips  Valdez (cratered against the O's on Sunday). Both optioned to AAA. As they say, rearranging ing the chairs on the Titanic.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 29, 2022, 03:02:48 PM
Quote from: longgame on April 29, 2022, 11:33:54 AM
H
He's on the cheap.   he was DFA'd last October and nobody claimed him.  The y must see some redeeming value in this guy.

His redeeming value is he is on the cheap as you said.  The guy failed with the Royals and Padres and failed for us last year.  Bringing him up to fail again helps in that it doesn't make BradSHITley look any worse that he really is and gives Prune Face and Company an out so when Frenchy fails with us again they can put Bradley back in the lineup (that is if they even bench the guy) and say they tried someone else and he was no better.  But I would bet Jarren Duran would be better, much better........how can he or anyone be any worse than the worst hitter in baseball?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 02, 2022, 10:22:53 AM
MLB ruled that roster trimming to 26 was today.  The casualties were Maupin Davis (hit 2-4 on Sunday) and Philips  Valdez (cratered against the O's on Sunday). Both optioned to AAA. As they say, rearranging ing the chairs on the Titanic.

I know Davis was a mediocrity who has been deeked around the minors during his career and he was no long term answer, or even really a short term one, BUT HE DID GET TWO HITS ON SUNDAY>  How many did shithead Bradley get?  Or on Saturday, or on Friday, or in the last week?  You don't have to rearrange the chairs on the Titanic because the Red Sox ship is going down to a watery grave.  Memo  to owner John Henry.  I know you have become a rotten cheap bastard and more interested in buying for yourself a $23 million estate rather than pour money into a team you no longer give a rat's ass about.   Maybe you can fool some of my friends on the two boards I post on but I see right through you, mealy mouth plutocrat.  Sell the team and get out of Dodge before the sports writers on your own paper show enough guts to stand up to you and expose you for the worthless bastard you are.  Sorry friends, I have been wanting to say that for some time now.

MongoLikeSox

I'm the first one to jump on Bloom for his MLB roster building from year to year. 1B, for 2022 season was a bit*h to fill. Now we all know that Dalbec was getting his put up or shut up ride. Anyone we got was not going to be strong. Looking at the FA 1B that signed, it was a few big names and a bunch of Shaw types. With Casas on the way and an incumbent supposedly locked on the job and a solid DH in place, it's a limited opportunity spot at best.

It was so bad that The Pirates signed Tsutsugo for 1 year, $4M. How hard up do you gotta be to sign someone who hasn't gotten it yet for a $4m deal? And they lost their 1B to Cincy for a $1m deal who hit somehting like .190 last year.

As Franchy is proving, and as Dalbec and Schwarber proved last year, it's not all about catching fastballs letter high 10 times a game.

That said, bloom's an ..... oh, I'll behave.