6. Tyler Nevin (R) 3B
7. Robinson Chirinos (R) C
8. Jorge Mateo (R) SS
9. Ryan McKenna (R) LF

Gametime Temp: 61°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

markj

longgame

Someone needs to tell Vazquez that he’s a) slow and b) you can stop at one of the bases.

elktonnick

Here come the preprogrammed algorithmic pitching change regardless of the situation in the actual game.

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on April 29, 2022, 07:20:42 PM
Here come the preprogrammed algorithmic pitching change regardless of the situation in the actual game.

Not even a chance to pick up the win for the guy.  Houck better get it done, but we’ll still get a taste of the bullpen later.  Good thing the Orioles are very bad.

markj

Robles is playing with fire here. O's already have one run in and now one on first. Tying run at the plate and no outs yet.

longgame

elktonnick

markj

MongoLikeSox

Jeez! I thought Robles was a head case when he first got here, but then he turned up the wick and did well. Now it looks like my original thought might be the case. I still don't know what to make of him.

Did the Sox have a player they could DFA besides Shaw? If we moved Cordero to the bigs, that's the Shaw spot. How did they get Davis onto the 40-man? Or were we at 39, somehow?

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on April 29, 2022, 10:50:49 PM
Jeez! I thought Robles was a head case when he first got here, but then he turned up the wick and did well. Now it looks like my original thought might be the case. I still don't know what to make of him.

Did the Sox have a player they could DFA besides Shaw? If we moved Cordero to the bigs, that's the Shaw spot. How did they get Davis onto the 40-man? Or were we at 39, somehow?

Im not sure how all the options work, but I think Houck and Kutter were off the 40 man from their vaxx situation in Toronto.  There seems to be a delay in the MLB recordings, as Houck pitched last night.  Llook for Davis gets DFAd today (Refsnyder?).  It all seems to be very fluid.  Im not sure what value Arauz still has.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 30, 2022, 06:46:14 AM

Im not sure how all the options work, but I think Houck and Kutter were off the 40 man from their vaxx situation in Toronto.  There seems to be a delay in the MLB recordings, as Houck pitched last night.  Llook for Davis gets DFAd today (Refsnyder?).  It all seems to be very fluid.  Im not sure what value Arauz still has.
Holy Smokes! Arauz. I totally forgot about that kid.

SeaBeachFred

I can help ou on one part of your missive.  Robles is still a head case but is also a favorite of TFC so expect to keep seeing him in high leverage situations.  And let's see what Cordero can do.  Remember he has failed already with two teams, three if you count his miserable performance with us last season, but Shaw had to go because he gave us nothing at all.  Still why he at first base instead of RF????  That should be easy.  The front office is determined to ram Jackie Bradley down our throats despite the fact that he is still most likely the worst hitter in baseball now with Shaw gone.  His defense cannot make up for his miserable bat and we need offense very badly right now.