Sox to honor Remy with #2 patches

Started by longgame, March 23, 2022, 08:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

This patch is a warm and wonderful idea on the part of the Red Sox and I would be hard pressed to find any fan of our team opposed to that.  However, I think that should be the patch on the sleeves during home games and a separate patch be used in road games........Jerry and Don Orsillo who I really believe was the greatest duo in baseball broadcasting history.  They genuinely loved each other and there is no record of any rivalry or jealousy between them, and I know of many duos who were very effective where rivalry and jealousy was rampant.  I used to love to watch those two go at it during games and what was so amazing about those two men was that they could tell jokes, rap and go into tangents and yet the score was always mentioned within a couple of minutes and it seemed that no pitch coming to the plate was missed.  That took an amazing amount of talent to bring off.  I was furious at John Henry when he let Don go after the 2014 season.

markj

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on March 23, 2022, 10:53:22 PM
This patch is a warm and wonderful idea on the part of the Red Sox and I would be hard pressed to find any fan of our team opposed to that.  However, I think that should be the patch on the sleeves during home games and a separate patch be used in road games........Jerry and Don Orsillo who I really believe was the greatest duo in baseball broadcasting history.  They genuinely loved each other and there is no record of any rivalry or jealousy between them, and I know of many duos who were very effective where rivalry and jealousy was rampant.  I used to love to watch those two go at it during games and what was so amazing about those two men was that they could tell jokes, rap and go into tangents and yet the score was always mentioned within a couple of minutes and it seemed that no pitch coming to the plate was missed.  That took an amazing amount of talent to bring off.  I was furious at John Henry when he let Don go after the 2014 season.

Agreed. One of the best broadcasting duos ever.