Verlander stays put

Started by Sea Dog 23, November 17, 2021, 05:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

Justin Verlander struck a deal to stay in Houston.  So ERod out, as well as Thor and Verlander.
Who will the Sox get?  Middle of the rotation Stroman, Ray, or back end Matz?  I think Scherzer stays out west.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on November 17, 2021, 05:01:18 PM
Justin Verlander struck a deal to stay in Houston.  So ERod out, as well as Thor and Verlander.
Who will the Sox get?  Middle of the rotation Stroman, Ray, or back end Matz?  I think Scherzer stays out west.

Henry will not pay the money needed to sign Stro or Robbie so we will wind up with back end duds like Perez while the front office tries to convince us that we did all right.  Sad a big market club like Boston has to result to acting like Pittsburgh and Miami but that's the kind of dud Henry has turned out to be. 

elktonnick

I for one do not want Henry and Bloom to break the budget by.going overboard to sign Carlos Corea.  We have sign the spending beaucoup dollars on overpriced FAs does not produce titles.  Corea  is not worth a ten year deal.

Sea Dog 23

One of the big ticket SS is off the board, as Marcus Semian was signed by the Rangers.  His price is likely third behind Correa and Seager.

The Rays picked up Corey Kluber today.  Scherzer said he wants to sign by Wednesday this week.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on November 28, 2021, 06:32:48 PM
One of the big ticket SS is off the board, as Marcus Semian was signed by the Rangers.  His price is likely third behind Correa and Seager.

The Rays picked up Corey Kluber today.  Scherzer said he wants to sign by Wednesday this week.

I thought the Semian deal was a good one for the Rangers.  They are also apparently still interested in Seagar as well.  Kluber also a team friendly deal.  Why bother for signing for more than a year with the Rays anyhow.  Scherzer appeared to be leaning towards the Mets as of last night.

Sea Dog 23

Gausman signed with the Jays.  My bet, Bloom has to do something today.  I’ll say a lefty, either Carlos Rodon or Rich Hill. One year @$10 mil for Rodon, Hill would get $6mil.  As usual, looking for value at a bargain.  The caveat, Rodon has never pitched more than 130 IP iirc.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on November 29, 2021, 08:41:48 AM
Gausman signed with the Jays.  My bet, Bloom has to do something today.  I’ll say a lefty, either Carlos Rodon or Rich Hill. One year @$10 mil for Rodon, Hill would get $6mil.  As usual, looking for value at a bargain.  The caveat, Rodon has never pitched more than 130 IP iirc.

Don't bet on it Sea Dog.  Inertia seems to be the watchword for our team nowadays.  Perez and Richards anyone??????