5. Carlos Correa (R) SS
6. Kyle Tucker (L) RF
7. Yuli Gurriel (R) 1B
8. Jose Siri (R) CF
9. Martin Maldonado (R) C

Gametime Temp: 51°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

longgame

Houston's advantage over the Sox was pitching and especially starting pitching.  Here's a chance for Eddy to be on and for the Sox to get to Arquidy early and deal the Astros' pitching staff a death blow. 

Bill-806

GET 5 FROM E-ROD &   8 FROM THE BATS !!!!! WOW, THE DODGERS ARE DOWN 2 ?????? thumb_u thumb_u iono iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Right now the advantage is with us if we can take advantage of the advantage we have.  We're home for three games and the Astros pitching is in disarray.  No time to goof around.  We need everyone pulling on the same cord in the same direction and make our advantage work for us.  There can be so sliding backwards if we want to win----and we can win this thing.

markj

orwell

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on October 18, 2021, 03:44:21 PM
Right now the advantage is with us if we can take advantage of the advantage we have.  We're home for three games and the Astros pitching is in disarray.  No time to goof around.  We need everyone pulling on the same cord in the same direction and make our advantage work for us.  There can be so sliding backwards if we want to win----and we can win this thing.
One thing that is impotant is to continue to play good defense. I know during the season it was not good  but so far in the post season very imptressed bu their infield. Sox are a good hitting team. I said before the playoffs. Hopfully they deliver again tonite.

markj

BoSoxFanNY

Holy, Moly -
ANOTHER Grand Slam!
THREE grand slams in TWO games!

Sox 6 - Astros 0
2nd inning

longgame

That Houston advantage in fielding and pitching is really falling apart.  I’ve never seen anything like this.  When Schwarber had the 3-0 I had a thought he’d have a green light but it was like that pitch took forever to get there and just hung out over the plate and it was a no-doubter as soon as he hit it.  Just amazing.

markj

MongoLikeSox

I know. Let's just do it this way all the time?   Right? I mean, hello!  And now Renfroe is Johnny Wheels?

(Sorry bout that. Eck's got his Ouija board facing North Carolina.)

longgame

Clearly it’s still early in this game and the Astros are very capable of putting up some runs, but I just can’t believe what we’ve been seeing.  That last inning the 7-8-9 hitters combined for 3 runs!  I’m actually laughing out loud every time they get a hit. 

Keep on rolling guys!  Decimate this pitching staff.

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on October 18, 2021, 08:33:24 PM
I know. Let's just do it this way all the time?   Right? I mean, hello!  And now Renfroe is Johnny Wheels?

(Sorry bout that. Eck's got his Ouija board facing North Carolina.)

I think I asked you before but where are you?  I’m in Huntersville.

markj