NLCS

Started by markj, October 16, 2021, 10:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

Interesting turn of events in the Series with the 'stro's up 2-0 in Game 4, Saturday.  With Alvarez in LF in the 6th, he is playing really deep IMO, and Braves hit a liner in front of him he can't get to, one run in.  Then in the 7th he chases a deep ball to the short wall in left and makes a short arm try, but it's gone, Braves lead.

This was symbolic of the times the Sox tried various outfielders this year, and they got bad jumps on the ball, wrong routes, whatever.  Although Alvarez is a prolific hitter, he is not the kind of outfielder to make a difference in an epic game like this, especially after the knee surgeries.

Sea Dog 23

Well Houston survived and return to Minute Maid.  The Braves great pitching finally got worn down, especially those remarkable bull pen guys. 

In an alternate universe, Marwin Gonzales is a wunderkind.  As a pinch hitter, comes to bat and gets a two-run single, albeit a bloop job, to put the Astros ahead in the game that provided the deciding runs.  But that really happened here on this planet.  LOL.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on November 01, 2021, 07:01:21 AM
Well Houston survived and return to Minute Maid.  The Braves great pitching finally got worn down, especially those remarkable bull pen guys. 

In an alternate universe, Marwin Gonzales is a wunderkind.  As a pinch hitter, comes to bat and gets a two-run single, albeit a bloop job, to put the Astros ahead in the game that provided the deciding runs.  But that really happened here on this planet.  LOL.

I figured it was appropriate that Marwin hit a blooper.  It wasn't like he was going to stroke a hard hit double.  Fun game, although I thought it was over after that Grand Slam in the first.  That shot by Freeman was amazing too.  That thing kept going. 

I still like the Braves but think they have to win it in Game 6.