ALDS GAME # 3 - SUNDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2021 - TAMPA BAY RAYS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, October 10, 2021, 10:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on October 11, 2021, 09:36:09 AM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on October 11, 2021, 09:13:59 AM
A fantastic game in all respects, and what a starting point for many new baseball fans.  But alas, the networks (Fox) took it on themselves to drop the coverage before the epic moments even started.  Coverage was transferred to MLB Network.  So subscribers at least got to see the great drama.  But unfortunately only a limited number of new fans got to see all that.

The game was on MLB, as scheduled and advertised, from start to finish.  Nobody dropped coverage.

You're right, Ted, the whole game was on MLB.  So that says all the 'new fans' missed it, unless they were MLB subscribers, or had Uzzu, Bilasport, others to get the feed.

MongoLikeSox

ESPN - pffffttttttt!!!  That's the same site that reported on one of the Red Sox - Yankees bench clearing dust-ups by publishing their Yankees writers account that basically stated - 'In the end, it was the Yankees standing tall and walking around a "sea of Red Sox bodies" laying on the ground.'

The "sea of Red Sox bodies" part is what I remember for sure, but I'm not far off on the rest. I think it was the Joe Kelly fight, though it might have been Brasier.

ESPN has not mattered in a long time for me.

elktonnick

ESPN is a joke.  I make it a habit not to watch unless I absolutely have to such as when they exclusively broadcast a Red Sox game.  Fortunately most sports critics notice how awful ESPN baseball coverage has become.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on October 11, 2021, 10:21:14 AM
Quote from: longgame on October 11, 2021, 09:36:09 AM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on October 11, 2021, 09:13:59 AM
A fantastic game in all respects, and what a starting point for many new baseball fans.  But alas, the networks (Fox) took it on themselves to drop the coverage before the epic moments even started.  Coverage was transferred to MLB Network.  So subscribers at least got to see the great drama.  But unfortunately only a limited number of new fans got to see all that.

The game was on MLB, as scheduled and advertised, from start to finish.  Nobody dropped coverage.

You're right, Ted, the whole game was on MLB.  So that says all the 'new fans' missed it, unless they were MLB subscribers, or had Uzzu, Bilasport, others to get the feed.

Gotcha, I don't even know that it was on the MLB web feed now that I think of it as a friend mentioned he was watching it on Gamecast.

SeaBeachFred

No matter how you decide to slice or dice it yesterday's game was a classic of sorts and this time  the fates were in our corner.  Remember though we have to win another game to clinch the series and it would be a good idea to get it at home.  As for ESPN anyone with any grey matter knows for whatever reason that station is so pr o-Yankees that it is sickening to even watch that miserable channel.  As it is they may wind up going the way of CNN, the biggest dirt ball station of them all.  Still we did get the best of ESPN yesterday and last Tuesday when their Yankees went down to our  team.  Fortunately for me I saw the game on MLB so I avoided ESPN's bias, though, to e honest, I had two TV's going o n at the same time.   One room has the Browns-Chargers game, the other the Red Sox-Ray one. A  nice Sunday it was for me the way both games turned out.  A similar en ding today would be most appreciated.