Main Menu

Predictions

Started by markj, October 09, 2021, 09:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

We're coming up on the 17th anniversary of Game 3 of the 2004 ALCS. Sox lost to the Yankees by a staggering 19-8 to fall to 0-3 in the series. Virtually all Sox fans figured it would be over in the next game. They were all wrong. The Sox won 8 straight games to take their first World Series win in almost a lifetime. Can they do it again? Vote quickly, because the poll close in 2 days.

markj

Just because I have eternal hope for the underdog, I voted that they win the World Series.

Sea Dog 23

I’m historically a realist.  Probably because most of the teams I follow in sports, Sox, NFL, college football, have won titles, but find ways to lose when I’ve least expected it.

I see Cora outmanaging Cash in the short series and going on to Houston. We’ve won 9 of 21 with Rays, so we should know their pitchers.  The Astros are such a clutch team, even their batters hitting .200 are lights out in the playoffs.  So I’m hopeful the Sox play out of their skins, but that would be a tough series.

SeaBeachFred

I'm not touching this with a ten foot pole.  Besides I may have run out of winning predictions when I said the Red Sox could win the game against the Yankees last Tuesday.  I'll quit while I'm a little ahead.  For the record, my head and heart are in different worlds on this like the Earth and its twin Venus.