WC GAME - TUESDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2021 - NEW YORK YANKEES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, October 04, 2021, 09:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Some Sox batters just can't lay off balls in the dirt. Must be a golfing thing.

longgame

Quote from: markj on October 05, 2021, 07:46:12 PM
Some Sox batters just can't lay off balls in the dirt. Must be a golfing thing.

I was just thinking how they can’t resist that high fast ball. 

I like the 2-0 lead but lets hope Eovaldi can hold it down.

Can’t stand the ESPN broadcast - how is this a more defense oriented lineup and Plawecki is the better hitter and Vaz the better defender, not the other way around.

Cheap shot bringing in Bucky Dent on the broadcast.

markj

Wouldn't be a Red Sox game if they didn't blow at least one scoring opportunity with a GIDP.

markj

elktonnick

These ESPN announcers suck worse tonight than most nights.  When the Yankees are up they talk about the Yankees.  When the Yankees are in the field they talk about the Yankees.  It is as if the Yankees are playing themselves.

markj

I'm not comfortable at all with just a 3-0 lead. Sox have been able to get to Cole at Fenway this year, but Boone put a top to that and they haven't done much since. Now it's just a 2 run lead. Cora is probably itching to get Eovaldi out of there.

markj

Yep, sure enough. One mistake and Eovaldi is gone. Eovaldi can crater pretty quickly sometimes, but still...

elktonnick

MongoLikeSox

He was fine. One pitch and he beat Judge afterwards. I didn't think he had lost it yet.

MongoLikeSox

Just like 2018. The team bails out the boss. Classic. Added comedy was a-rod asking for a replay so he could tell us when Nevin should have stopped him. Gawdawful funny!!!

elktonnick

I think Cora decided after the Rizzo homer that he could not allow Eovaldi to go three times through the lineup.

longgame

The half inning of Bucky Dent after the Sox went up 3-0 was pretty pathetic!

I was shocked he pulled Eovaldi as he was cruising but I guess there’s little margin for error when a HR by Stanton would have tied the game.  Whitlock now for as long as he can go and then pray for rain.

Either way, the Sox need some more runs. 

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: elktonnick on October 05, 2021, 09:10:35 PM
I think Cora decided after the Rizzo homer that he could not allow Eovaldi to go three times through the lineup.
Agreed. I'm glad it didn't backfire. Game of inches. (phew!)

markj

elktonnick