GAME #162 - SUNDAY, OCTOBER 03, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ WASHINGTON NATIONALS

Started by markj, October 03, 2021, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MongoLikeSox

I was thinking, too, that there is a small silver lining to consider with JD's little trip over the 2b bag. This makes things a little bit more consistent in the field. Steady OF, 1B, 2b and DH with Verdugo, Kike, Renfroe, Dalbec, Arroyo and Shwarber. Of course the genius may screw that up with Santana or something...

Does that mean Aurauz/Lopez as primary IF backup? Someone needs to shelter Arroyo from harm big time. Pillows, energy force fields, etc. Well, at least for one game.

BoSoxFanNY

Our BOSTON RED SOX finished the season 92 -70.
NOT BAD!
And going to the Postseason Wild Card game as the
#1 Wild Card seed.
Entertaining season - frustrating at times and remarkable at other times.

Let's hope that our Sox beat the Yankees . . .

Schloicka

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on October 03, 2021, 07:34:30 PM
Man, they bailed their Manager out big time. Holy smokes.

Two of the hottest teams in the AL are out of it. The Jays ought to have a year next year. Hopefully Eovaldi can have him a big game. We'll need it.

This blackout crap down here for Baltimore and Washington games had better end this year as those TV deals get renegotiated. If not, I'm going VPN'ing next season. I had no idea how much the radio guys bitch, though. I thought I was bad. LOL Listening to the radio broadcast with the MLB channel on showing bits and pieces of games is for the birds.

I used UZZU TV all year. Never missed a game. As a matter of fact my account is shared by 3 different people in 3 different states. https://uzzu.tv/

Bill-806

AS DAD WOULD SAY , "SON, LOOKS LIKE WE ARE ON TO SECOND SEASON " !!!!  ONE GAME AT A TIME !! GO SOX !! thumb_u thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

Schloicka

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on October 03, 2021, 08:19:56 PM
I was thinking, too, that there is a small silver lining to consider with JD's little trip over the 2b bag. This makes things a little bit more consistent in the field. Steady OF, 1B, 2b and DH with Verdugo, Kike, Renfroe, Dalbec, Arroyo and Shwarber. Of course the genius may screw that up with Santana or something...

Does that mean Aurauz/Lopez as primary IF backup? Someone needs to shelter Arroyo from harm big time. Pillows, energy force fields, etc. Well, at least for one game.

I trade JD if he doesn't opt out and put Schwarber in at full time DH. Bring Iggy back as the utility guy or full time 2nd baseman if Arroyo can't stay healthy. Look for an upgrade at catcher.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: Schloicka on October 04, 2021, 07:40:13 AM

I trade JD if he doesn't opt out and put Schwarber in at full time DH. Bring Iggy back as the utility guy or full time 2nd baseman if Arroyo can't stay healthy. Look for an upgrade at catcher.

Alas, Iggy cannot play postseason, but our nemesis Lemahiuex was just put on the IL.  Our future 2nd baseman is Yorke, but he will not see Boston until 2023/24 at the earliest.  I think in the offseason Bloom goes heavy after Semien to play 2nd/SS/3B.

I saw a likely list of roster players for the Wild Card game, missing Sale, having pitched Sunday and JDM, questionable after he was attacked by the second base bag.  iono

Outfield - Verdugo, Kiké and Renfro
Infield - Devers, Xander, Arroyo, Dalbec
Catcher - Vazquez
DH - Schwarber or JD (depending upon his health)
Primary relief from Whitlock, Brasier, Barnes, Ottavino, Robles, ERod and Pivetta

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: Schloicka on October 04, 2021, 04:39:23 AM
Quote from: MongoLikeSox on October 03, 2021, 07:34:30 PM
Man, they bailed their Manager out big time. Holy smokes.

Two of the hottest teams in the AL are out of it. The Jays ought to have a year next year. Hopefully Eovaldi can have him a big game. We'll need it.

This blackout crap down here for Baltimore and Washington games had better end this year as those TV deals get renegotiated. If not, I'm going VPN'ing next season. I had no idea how much the radio guys bitch, though. I thought I was bad. LOL Listening to the radio broadcast with the MLB channel on showing bits and pieces of games is for the birds.

I used UZZU TV all year. Never missed a game. As a matter of fact my account is shared by 3 different people in 3 different states. https://uzzu.tv/
Thanks for this! Pretty cool.I need to get a device as I bought a TV(LG) with poor support for players. Plenty of affordable options. I've got no clue which type to get, but I do have a 28 year old son.  thumb_u   
How long have they been around? I search for options every Spring and find very little.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: Schloicka on October 04, 2021, 07:40:13 AM

I didn't know there was a mutual option on Schwarber until now. Think he'll stick around for an $11M option? Probably a better question to ask after we know what JD is going to do. With either of them, their whole world is about to change as we are likely to see the DH in the NL. I also believe that the recent changes in roster/pitching management could mean more teams going back to stronger, permanant DH's.

SeaBeachFred

These are very good points Mongo. There is always the fear that Cora may try to act like the genius in the room again and give his pals Lopez and Santana ashot at fame and hope they make out well so he can claim credit and make himself look like a genius instead of the horse's ass he has been portrayed as the past two months.  For some reasonCora has not been enamored of Arroyo all season, often benching him after a  good game for his former pet Gonzales, who BTW, never seemed to get into games when he was picked up by the Astros.  The proposed lineup you mentioned was the best we could put out there taking into consideration offense, defense, speed and experience.

longgame