5. Joey Gallo (L) LF
6. Gleyber Torres (R) 2B
7. Gary Sanchez (R) C
8. Brett Gardner (L) CF
9. Gio Urshela (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 64°F
Chance of Precip: 31%

markj

Sunday night ESPN game with E-Rod starting. Might as well call this one a loss right now.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on September 26, 2021, 10:14:28 AM
Sunday night ESPN game with E-Rod starting. Might as well call this one a loss right now.

If we get swept by our bitterest rivals on our home field we do not deserve to be in the playoffs and I will root for them NOT to make it.  It seems that our club likes disgracing themselves as they have done since the 2019 season, but it might be the only way to get rid of that filthy cheater of a manager we have.  And I insists he plays his favorites as he did with Marwin Gonzales and Dennis Santana when they were with us.  The guy has to go.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 26, 2021, 01:01:19 PM

If we get swept by our bitterest rivals on our home field we do not deserve to be in the playoffs and I will root for them NOT to make it.  It seems that our club likes disgracing themselves as they have done since the 2019 season, but it might be the only way to get rid of that filthy cheater of a manager we have.  And I insists he plays his favorites as he did with Marwin Gonzales and Dennis Santana when they were with us.  The guy has to go.

I'll root for them to make it as far as they go, but agree they aren't exactly surging their way into the postseason and I hate to think of what sort of embarrassing spectacle a one game wild card playoff will turn into. 

No confidence with E-Rod on the mound.  Richards is hopefully well rested as he'll be called on early for certain. 

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: longgame on September 26, 2021, 02:06:48 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 26, 2021, 01:01:19 PM

I'll root for them to make it as far as they go, but agree they aren't exactly surging their way into the postseason and I hate to think of what sort of embarrassing spectacle a one game wild card playoff will turn into. 

No confidence with E-Rod on the mound.  Richards is hopefully well rested as he'll be called on early for certain.

I'm in the rooting for them to win camp, of course, but the consolation prize(s) that might happen as a result are not so bad.

Bill-806

"VICTORY GOES TO THOSE WHO WANT IT THE MOST  , WANT IT THE LONGEST " !!!  WITH E-ROD PITCHING, EVEN THAT WON'T HELP !!!  AS DAD WOULD SAY , "SON, WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR " !!! thumb_d thumb_d thumb_d iono iono sigh sigh sigh rofl rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

After this series I think it comes down to what our spot in the draft will be.  I don’t think this team will get off the mat if they are swept.  A win puts them back ahead a game of NY and at least two over Jays.

BoSoxFanNY

markj

markj

markj

elktonnick

ARod and Ortiz both criticized ERod and Vazquez pitch selection.  The go ahead hit occurred on changeup on the outside half.  I have complained constantly about that pitch.   Both ARod and Ortiz thought Vazquez as the catcher should have realized that the hitter was looking for something soft away after he didn't swing at the fastball...This sort reinforces my longstanding  view that Vazquez does not call a very good game.

MongoLikeSox

Like I've said before, I have zippo/zero knowledge of game calling. That said, lemahieu and hitting the other way is a given. Kind of like rude comments by me directed at the TV every game I hear ARod yap and on is a given.

markj

MongoLikeSox

No doubt. No way was I anywhere near close to comfy up just 1-0. Like last night, our big moment HR landed in judge's glove again.

Lots of shifting around for a lead off hitter in the 7th. Got a hit though. and another.   thumb_u