5. Joey Wendle (L) 3B
6. Yandy Diaz (R) 1B
7. Brett Phillips (L) RF
8. Kevin Kiermaier (L) CF
9. Mike Zunino (R) C

Gametime Temp: 91°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

The Sox should pick up some ground today. Houck va Rasmussen, with a high era.  Jays have to face Ohtani out in LAA.  Chisox are pitching Lynn, who is having a good year, against Yanks’ Hainey, who is not a household name, at least to me.

Valdez was optioned to Worcester today to clear room for Houck on the roster.

markj

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 12, 2021, 12:57:05 PM
Valdez was optioned to Worcester today to clear room for Houck on the roster.

I'm sure that was already planned, but his performance last night made it a no-brainer.

longgame

Was thinking the same Mark.  Maybe they should pick up that catcher from the Rays who pitched the 8th.

It's been amazing that we've had a few "must-win" games in August and this is yet another one.  These head to head games are crucial and they've got to win this one, crush the O's over the weekend and then take the two game series from the Yankees.  That at least gives them a stretch out of the division for a few days.

Need the bats to come out again tonight and let's see if Houck can get us 6 innings and then hold our breath.

Schloicka

Thought Houck pitched pretty well. Not sure if he ran out of gas in the 6th or not. I think he has a bright future.

Sea Dog 23

An OK outing for Houck. But we have no answer for Rays Rasmussen. Only two hits will get you beat most days. Two more innings to figure it out.

BoSoxFanNY

Bullpen put the game out of reach again.
Rays 8 - Sox 1
Top of the 9th inning.

DANG IT - we had a better chance in Game 1, until
the wheels came off in the late innings.

BoSoxFanNY

AND the Sox lose the game 8 - 1.

DAMN, needed to take 2 out of 3 . . .

markj

So much for a return of the offense. Just 2 lousy hits. Last night was a fluke.

longgame

They’re now officially difficult to watch.  If they´re not going to show up, why should fans.

elktonnick

markj

Yankees lost and Toronto is down 5-0, so Sox lose ground against TB, but otherwise maintain 2nd. For now.

(Gotta find something to be hopeful about.)

Sea Dog 23

On an afterthought the Pats may have found their quarterback tonight.   sigh

Bill-806

B I N G O  on all of the above !!!  SOX are so predictable , if they don't score 7 runs in the first 3 innings , they don't/can't win !!!  GO PATRIOTS !!!  BILL BELICHEK , your the MAN , MAN !!!!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl