5. Wander Franco (S) SS
6. Brandon Lowe (L) 2B
7. Manuel Margot (R) CF
8. Mike Zunino (R) C
9. Ji-Man Choi (L) 1B

Gametime Temp: 96°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

SeaBeachFred

Perez, right???? We better get six or seven runs tonight or you can chalk up a big "L" on our ledger because Miserable Martin can never go six innings without giving up four  runs or more.  He sucks!!!!  He must NOT be on our team next season.

longgame

markj

Vaz hits an RBI single and then blunders into an out trying to get to 2B.

markj

Egad, this is heading for another embarrassing loss. Rays are enjoying their batting practice against Perez.

markj

markj

Maine may be short of lobsters this year but the Red Sox sure aren't.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 30, 2021, 08:12:22 PM
Gonna take more than 7 runs to win this one, Fred.

It really hurts to be right on this one but I have said all along that Martin Perez is a total POS on the mound.  Tonight it has been proof positive and while Tanner Houck is being jerked around up and down on the minor league shuttle  Dog shit Perez goes out there and gets  torched again for six  runs in four innings.  Why?  Personally I think he is one of Cora's favorites and, yes,I have come to believe that he has them and believes in them and plays them and we sink with them.  Chavis got the break of his life being traded because he was another player walking on eggs and getting jerked around.  Don't be surprised if he recovers in Pittsburgh.  Houck should be brought right back up and PissPoor Perez relegated  to mop up duty because he is good for nothing else, and after another shitty performance Turd Garrett Richards should join him.  If we are going to throw the season away at least let's not have these rotten hanger-ons doing it for us.  Well, chalk that BIG "L" on our ledger and it will be more unless and until the unholy trio of Prune Face, Bloomer and Bora Bora get their heads out of their collective asses.

markj

Sox will be lucky to get back to Fenway less than 1-1/2 games down.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 30, 2021, 09:27:27 PM
Sox will be lucky to get back to Fenway less than 1-1/2 games down.

Most likely you are right my friend.  I just hope you don't feel as shitty and miserable as I do right now.  I am seething with anger inside.  I just take our team too seriously and my wife keeps telling me to just let it go.  Well Sunday is our 51st Wedding Anniversary and from this point until Sunday night I will not watch one pitch of a Red Sox game.......to keep from going stark raving mad.

markj

Kudos on 51 years, Fred. And good plan. A nice evening with your wife is far more important that this bunch of bozos.

MongoLikeSox

Congrats om 51!

Yeah, balance is a wonderful thing. I watched the Sox get their winkies slapped while learning Led Zep's Kashmir on guitar during the game.

longgame

Happy Annivesary to you and Linda, Fred!

Sox have a must win game today thanks to Bloom screwing them over.  The entire division gained a game last night because they were fired up that that their teams added for a stretch run. 

Bill-806

NOT good sports fans !!!!  Not to mention the moves that the YANKS & BLUEJAYS made !!!!!   thumb_d :losers :losers iono sigh rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

Bill, in the Army we called what Bloom was up to as OJT. It was after all his first real test at the trade deadline as a difference maker. Last year he was basically just selling.