5. Teoscar Hernandez (R) RF
6. Lourdes Gurriel Jr. (R) LF
7. Randal Grichuk (R) CF
8. Cavan Biggio (L) 3B
9. Reese McGuire (L) C

Gametime Temp: 80°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

longgame

After these 4 with the Jays it's on the road to Tampa for 2.  Then a little break with 3 at Detroit and then it's Toronto, TB, Bal and NYY again.  Need to keep on rolling now.

longgame

Looks like Bogey is going to rest that sore wrist.  He can barely take a two handed swing right now.  A couple days off may be in order.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on July 26, 2021, 12:25:40 PM
After these 4 with the Jays it's on the road to Tampa for 2.  Then a little break with 3 at Detroit and then it's Toronto, TB, Bal and NYY again.  Need to keep on rolling now.

I think Sale will return to Sox in early August, possibly the Tigers series.  That will match the coming of our new 1B  iono.  The bullpen may get some relief if Sale pushes Perez to the pen and if they think Seabolt is ready.  That also means a couple guys get the boot, probably Workman and somebody like Rios goes to AAA.

Bill-806

CORA reminds me a lot of myself , a great coach !!!!!!!  coaching my kids thru the school years !!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl

markj

markj

Just one to add to the one we got earlier. Wasted chance to open this game up.

markj

I knew it. That blown opportunity is going to come back to haunt them. Jays tied it up and still there are no outs this inning. Jays have two on.

markj

markj

markj

Nice, clean inning by Barnes for the save. Sox do it again.

BoSoxFanNY

Come from behind to win AGAIN!
Alex Verdugo with the go ahead 2 run homer in
the bottom of the 8th inning.
Matt Barnes - 1,2,3 outs top of the 9th.

Red Sox 5 - Blue Jays 4

YAHOOOOOOO

markj

Schloicka

Decent enough pitching when you hold the Jays to 4 runs. On to Tuesday.

SeaBeachFred

Good comeback again.  We've done this in previous years when we seemed to be destined for great things, but I am NOT getting ahead of myself, not a chance.  We take them one game at a time because I know  there are a lot of teams going hot and cold in steaks and you only have to look at the standings and records of the clubs to see that.  Verdugo came through big time and Matt Barnes gave us a on e-two-three inning for the save.  Now I have to wonder who closes tomorrow given the opportunity if we take the lead into the ninth inning.  Matt doesn't usually go three days in a row, but I have a better idea.  How about we get more than a one or two run lead tomorrow and enter the ninth with a little more of a cushion, but I'm not complaining.  If this is the way we have to win games I'll take it that way nervous stomach and all.