GAME #92 - FRIDAY, JULY 16, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ NEW YORK YANKEES

Started by markj, July 16, 2021, 09:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Sox win again. Fine showing by Houck. E-Rod was on tonight as well.

Schloicka

Nice win. No dramatics. Pitching was very good. Like these types of games.

markj

markj

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: markj on July 16, 2021, 09:14:30 PM
I was disappointed when Houck was the odd man out this Spring before being injured. I'm glad he's back. I didn't like the idea of him jumping straight into the fire after a bad outing. He looked shaky and physically nerved up in the 7th, but came back somewhat calmer in the 8th. Nice! What I thought was a risky move pays off big time in the short and long term.

E-Rod with the Dr Seuss Whoville beard gone. Never seen him do that before. Far more importantly, I thought he pitched a good game. I was surprised to see him with 96 pitches when he was facing Stanton in the 6th. I thought this looked like one of those 7-inning starts.     

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 17, 2021, 07:30:30 AM
Quote from: markj on July 16, 2021, 09:14:30 PM
I was disappointed when Houck was the odd man out this Spring before being injured. I'm glad he's back. I didn't like the idea of him jumping straight into the fire after a bad outing. He looked shaky and physically nerved up in the 7th, but came back somewhat calmer in the 8th. Nice! What I thought was a risky move pays off big time in the short and long term.

E-Rod with the Dr Seuss Whoville beard gone. Never seen him do that before. Far more importantly, I thought he pitched a good game. I was surprised to see him with 96 pitches when he was facing Stanton in the 6th. I thought this looked like one of those 7-inning starts.   

Well Houck came through when it counted and we got ourselves a very nice win last night against our main rivals.  Good way to start after the ASB.  Let's please keep it  up.  Remember we won the first game of the recent series with both the Angels and Phillies and then dropped the next two.  We have to end that fast because the Rays are breathing down our necks and we must take initiative and start playing  consistent winning baseball again and you do that by winning those series.  Let's start doing that again.  We can you know!!!!