6. Brett Gardner (L) CF
7. Chris Gittens (R) 1B
8. Trey Amburgey (R) RF
9. Tim Locastro (R) LF

Gametime Temp: 88°F
Chance of Precip: 2%

markj

longgame

I'll be checking.  I've seen nothing yet, but they probably are doing testing this morning. 

longgame

ESPN reports that the Red Sox and Yankees will play tonight and the rest of the series.

longgame

I'm a little surprised they didn't push the rotation back a turn.  Wasn't E-Rod supposed to pitch yesterday?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 16, 2021, 10:59:30 AM
I'm a little surprised they didn't push the rotation back a turn.  Wasn't E-Rod supposed to pitch yesterday?

Why is Martin Perez pitching in the opener of this crucial series with New York?  His ERA against them in 2019 was over nine and a half while we have a pitcher named Nathan who seems to pitch his best against his former team.  Besides, Eovaldi did pitch an inning in the AS Game so he has had his "mid rotation warmup while Perez and E-Dud have not.  Once again Cora is trying to act like the smartest man in the room by this stupid selection of a pitcher who has had miserable failure against the Yanks.  I hope I am very very wrong but I have some very bad feelings about tonight.  Please gods of fate let me be very wrong.

markj

longgame

Quote from: markj on July 16, 2021, 12:37:58 PM
Note the change to E-Rod as tonight's pitcher.

Saw that.  Let's hope he's got his good stuff.

Judge is out on the Covid IL I guess as its for 10 days.

Sea Dog 23

judge and Urshela will miss this series as well as the return series in Boston next week if there update is right.

MongoLikeSox

This is all so disappointing on many levels. I don't wanna beat their bench. I wanna beat their best. I wanna see Duran make his first start. I DO NOT want to see games directly affected by Covid again. Or more affected? Ya'll know what I mean.

Sea Dog 23

To make room for Duran and Houck on the roster, they put Marwin on the IL and sent Santana down to Worchester on an "injury rehab assignment".

MongoLikeSox

longgame

markj

MongoLikeSox

So, um, ...... OK, so why did Cora think Houck was ready for relief pitching in the Yankees series after his not so good most rcent start? I hope I'm wrong. MLB hitters are coming up now.