GAME #92 - THURSDAY, JULY 15, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ NEW YORK YANKEES

Started by markj, July 15, 2021, 08:43:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Postponed due to COVID-19 outbreak in the Yankees organization.

elktonnick

Unfortunately the game is on ESPN which does the worst job broadcasting baseball.  They have the most annoying broadcast crews in baseball. 

markj

Cora and Boone must be playing chicken with the lineups. Still nothing posted.

UPDATE: Cora blinked first.  ;D

Sea Dog 23

I saw that the Sox play the next 18 days without a day off.  18 games all against the Yanks, Rays and Jays.  The ALE is up for grabs, folks.

BoSoxFanNY

Tonight's Red Sox - Yankees game has been postponed because
of positive COVID 19 tests within the organization.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on July 15, 2021, 04:02:57 PM
Tonight's Red Sox - Yankees game has been postponed because
of positive COVID 19 tests within the organization.

That’s tough for both clubs.  An article I saw said the positive tests were on the Yankees team.  “multiple players”. Hope that doesn’t decimate this series of games.

elktonnick

It seems the Yankees organization has issues both on and off field.

markj

From The Boston Globe:

QuoteThree Yankees players had confirmed positive tests while three more â€" including, according to multiple major league sources, All-Star Aaron Judge â€" were awaiting further test results as of Thursday afternoon.

The inclusion of Judge in that list had implications for the Red Sox given that five of their players â€" Rafael Devers, Xander Bogaerts, J.D. Martinez, Matt Barnes, and Nate Eovaldi â€" shared a clubhouse with him on Monday and Tuesday during All-Star festivities at Coors Field.

Sea Dog 23

News from the presser today, Cora said Houck would “likely start the Wednesday game vs Jays. FWIW Sox sent scouts to watch Cole Hamels workout this week.  Sale has a rehab start scheduled.  So the pitching equation is more fluid from a week ago.

elktonnick

longgame

Judge and two other players.  Apparently part of an evil plan to infect the best players in the AL and then take down the rest of the Sox today.

Hard to imagine these guys not being vaccinated with so much money at stake.

markj

Supposedly the three players who tested positive have all been vaccinated. Two with the J&J vaccine and one with a two-shot vaccine.

Last I read, Judge and the other two possibles are awaiting results from re-testing.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: markj on July 15, 2021, 07:09:22 PM
Supposedly the three players who tested positive have all been vaccinated. Two with the J&J vaccine and one with a two-shot vaccine.

Last I read, Judge and the other two possibles are awaiting results from re-testing.

Did they test all the All Star players BEFORE the All Star Game?
Strange that just now - Judge would test positive . . .
CRAZY.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on July 15, 2021, 09:15:19 PM
Quote from: markj on July 15, 2021, 07:09:22 PM

Did they test all the All Star players BEFORE the All Star Game?
Strange that just now - Judge would test positive . . .
CRAZY.

SO - All Star Players were tested for COVID 19 daily.
Aaron Judge tested negative in Denver, yet positive in New York.
Hmmmm
This is just crazy.
WHAT is it about the Yankees and COVID?