GAME #59 - SUNDAY, JUNE 6, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ NEW YORK YANKEES

Started by markj, June 06, 2021, 09:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Barnes got a huge gift from the ump to end that inning. That should have been a walk to load the bases.

markj

Sox with runners on 2nd and 3rd and one out. Need a run or two here.

markj

markj

markj

markj

Whew, over. Sox sweep the Yanks in their own ballpark. How sweet is that?

BoSoxFanNY

STILL SHAKING!
THAT game was exhausting!

SWEET SWEEP!

Sox beat the Yankees 6 - 5 in 10 innings.

Schloicka

elktonnick

What a roller coaster ride!  Great win!  Even the incompetent ESPN broadcast couldn't ruin this one.  BTW is there a worse play by play guy than Matt Vasgersian.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: markj on June 06, 2021, 09:59:56 PM
Whew, over. Sox sweep the Yanks in their own ballpark. How sweet is that?

SWEET SWEEP over the YANKEES.
OMG . . .
AND on ESPN . . .

SeaBeachFred

When we went ahead in the 8th with a 4-3 lead I knew we might need more runs and we got them.....only after the Yankees tied it in the 9th.  Still, who can complain tonight.  We swept them in their building after losing 15 of 16 games there going back to 2019.  So how there be any one around here to gripe about this series.?  Certainly not me, but I was nervous and I'll bet I had some company there.  The Yankees have been in a funk and though they hit better tonight their hitting has been kind of weak of late and we took advantage of that and we did the hat trick tonight.  Makeup game tomorrow with the Marlins, and, please guys, make it five in a row for the first time since the second week of the season.  We all should sleep well tonight.

Linda and I are leaving tomorrow morning for a little vacation in San Diego so I won't be back until late Friday.  Hope things are hopping for us then too.  We have the Astros for a three game series and it would be nice to hand them a hot reception for what they did to us this past week in Houston.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on June 06, 2021, 05:19:56 PM
How is Santana still the leadoff guy?  He’s batting about .120 after his first two games.  Maybe he is the only guy who can draw a walk.  Not many can do that.

JD is sitting again.  He complained of a wrist problem post Friday game after running the bases.

Looks to me we have in Santana another Franchy Fry who can't hit to save his ass.  Kiki looked like he might be the guy when the season started but he hasn't done squat there or anywhere else but we should be able to find someone who can do better at leadoff than those two.  I would suggest Arroyo but he swings at everything so that would not be a good idea.

MongoLikeSox

Well, wasn't that an interesting weekend. I can tell you this much. The YES broadcasters are quite vocal about the Yankees' own hitting slumps.

Don't you just love how the ESPN Sunday Nighter announcers just bitch and moan when the Yankees are doing poorly? One of them even said "They've been hard to watch", as both went on little mini-rants just like the YES announcers. Maybe it's just me, but that's almost as good as watching Billy Crystal pout when is sports world collapsed way back yonder in '04.

Kiki is down where he needs to be. We had showings with the bat this weekend from the other super-sub-club member. Fun to watch, albeit semi-passively with laptop open and surfing.

elktonnick

ESPN proves every time they do a game that they have absolutely no business broadcasting baseball.  Matt V.  makes every other play by play guy look good. 

Sea Dog 23

Mongo, I’ve heard that MLB supposedly approving use of “less lively baseballs” have really hurt the Yanks especially.  Their team is built for the long ball.  When balls don’t leave the park, they can’t produce many runs.  And when umps aren’t calling pitches balls (Odor at bat), they really are stymied.