6. Taylor Jones (R) LF
7. Chas McCormick (R) RF
8. Myles Straw (R) CF
9. Garrett Stubbs (L) C

Gametime Temp: 65°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

longgame

SeaBeachFred

Good move but DFA's in R ed Sox terms means put  up on waivers, no one claims him and the bum is back in the organization.  He should be released because he stinks!!!!

longgame

markj

Sox had a chance to add to the score with bases loaded and one out in the 5th. But 2 K's, including a 3-pitch K by Arroyo, ended that threat.

Murph

Speaking of Ks .Why the hell are they keeping Dalbec on the team.Last 10 games 31 AB with19Ks.Can't hit at all.On a rare occasion he will guess right and hit 1 out but they are few and far between.

Sea Dog 23

Good job by Perez keeping Stros scoreless into the 8th.  He was pissed about not getting the complete game chance.  This win leaves me in doubt about the Sox this year.  A three game slide against a team that played in the ALCS a year ago.  They’re coming up again in our next home stand, so we’ll see.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on June 03, 2021, 02:15:54 PM
Sox are actually up 3-0.  Arroyo with 3R HR.

Knowing how Cora loves Miserable Marwin I would think he had mixed feelings about Arroyo's three run bomb but I don't.  He needs to stay at second because he can hit a hell of a lot better than Gonzales, the Cheater's pet.  He has hit well the past tow games and while he may be a shade les than Gonzales at second the fact is between Kiki and Marwin we've gotten crap out of their bats of late and we need to stack the lineup with as many bats as we can.  We have a big set-to series with the Yankees starting tomorrow and it would be swell if we could take a series in our home park against the likes of the New Yorkers.

Great job by Martin Perez today, but both Richards and Pivetta pitched well the past two days but our offense was out to lunch.  I hope we hit better against the our main rivals because we only beat themn once last season, the last time we played them and my memory is very long my friend.

OOOPPPPSSS---The Yankee series is in Yankee Stadium.  Sorry; my bad.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Murph on June 03, 2021, 04:51:54 PM
Speaking of Ks .Why the hell are they keeping Dalbec on the team.Last 10 games 31 AB with19Ks.Can't hit at all.On a rare occasion he will guess right and hit 1 out but they are few and far between.

Murph, Dalbec strikes out a lot and the four today was hard to take but he is a power hitter and he can't get his timing and swing down by being jerked around by Cora in and out of the lineup while he plays his pets Marwin and Kiki and now Santana, who, by the way, is looking like the stiff we saw last season.  The only way Bobby is going to get straight is for along look.  Power hitters from the right side are hard to find and we need all those we can get for Fenway.  I'd rather see Dalbec in there than Santana, Gonzales and Hernandez because  those guys don't hit much either and they don't have much power to boot.  But I do see your point.  Maybe it is time to bring up Duran and maybe Downs, especially if the latter starts showing the talent he is supposed to have.