5. Randal Grichuk (R) DH
6. Lourdes Gurriel Jr. (R) LF
7. Cavan Biggio (L) 3B
8. Jonathan Davis (R) CF
9. Reese McGuire (L) C

Gametime Temp: 82°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

longgame

I know the game starts a little late but it seems like lineups are being posted very late this year.  I guess they have to wait until the analytics department to approve it!

markj

Jays lineup got posted about an hour before gametime yesterday. Today I'm waiting on the Sox.

BoSoxFanNY

Top of the first inning -
9 Sox batters came to bat.
Sox 5 -
Jays coming up to bat.
Verdugo hits a 2 run home run, JD Martinez homers
add in some singles and doubles . . .

A good start . . .

MongoLikeSox

I hate I missed all that. Turned in on just in time to see Hernandez hit his.

markj

Good thing the Sox made hay while the sun was shining in the 1st inning. They haven't done much since.

BoSoxFanNY

Sea Dog 23

Great to see Kike’ back in action, and he went right to the bat rack to get things started.  Richards has been quite an addition, after Bloom probably thought he was a bust in first two starts.  He’s definitely a warm weather arm.

MongoLikeSox

It's an impressive thing to watch when Cordero hits a line drive.

Nice to see Vasquez hit something again. maybe this will be a turning point. That dude's gotta be tired by now.

The Blue Jays' announcers were remarking how Ottavino has already had 19 appearances so far. It's not just us. I can understand him wanting the work last night, though. Most fastballs he's thrown by percentage all year, I bet.

longgame

Nice to see Kike light it up after a slow start.  I guess my ragging on him got his attention but I can't get Franchy to read the board! 

All relievers are way up.  Baseball has become very strange.  If you go 5 as a starter you get an ovation from your teammates and then a series of at least 3 guys will take the mound.  I'd love to see numbers on average innings per start over the past few years.  Just amazed that about 30 years ago guys were throwing complete games regularly.  Does this requirement to have and to use so much pitching (and every guy is tuned to throw 100 mph for three batters) cause just as much damage to the game as the shift?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on May 20, 2021, 08:13:59 AM
Nice to see Kike light it up after a slow start.  I guess my ragging on him got his attention but I can't get Franchy to read the board! 

All relievers are way up.  Baseball has become very strange.  If you go 5 as a starter you get an ovation from your teammates and then a series of at least 3 guys will take the mound.  I'd love to see numbers on average innings per start over the past few years.  Just amazed that about 30 years ago guys were throwing complete games regularly.  Does this requirement to have and to use so much pitching (and every guy is tuned to throw 100 mph for three batters) cause just as much damage to the game as the shift?

You want my opinion on y our last question?  The answer is yes!!!!!!!

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 20, 2021, 04:27:28 PM
Quote from: longgame on May 20, 2021, 08:13:59 AM

You want my opinion on y our last question?  The answer is yes!!!!!!!

Thanks Fred, I agree!  Just tough to watch until a pitcher starts getting sloppy.