5. Hunter Renfroe (R) RF
6. Nate Lowe (L) 1B
7. Willy Adames (R) SS
8. Yoshi Tsutsugo (L) DH
9. Kevan Smith (R) C

Gametime Temp: 82°F
Chance of Precip: 37%

SeaBeachFred

Hey we won, but to me we may have also lost.  By beating the Rays and the now once again hopeless Orioles getting swept in their four game series at YS now lead the New Yorkers by only four games.  I DON"T want the Yankees to win the division.  It is as simple as that.  When we play the Yankees again we must remember we are 0-7 against them and  are overdue to beat them a couple oif times.  And and we must just do  i t.

Sea Dog 23

I think the NYY record before this O's series was 14-20, less their games with the Sox.  The games with NY started downhill with that debacle in London last year, I think.

zenjak

Do the warm bodies filling the Sox uniforms even care about the rivalry? I know it's more of a thing with fans, but the players used to care, too. In my lifetime, that meant Carlton Fisk through Pedro Martinez and onward.

longgame

Quote from: zenjak on September 14, 2020, 05:36:09 AM
Do the warm bodies filling the Sox uniforms even care about the rivalry? I know it's more of a thing with fans, but the players used to care, too. In my lifetime, that meant Carlton Fisk through Pedro Martinez and onward.

It's a good question as this team has no identity.

elktonnick

Xander Bogaerts is a nice and talented kid who can speak four languages fluently as do most Dutch citizens believe it or not.  The X-Man has become the face of the franchise such as it is.  Unfortunately, I just don't see anyone including Xander with enough force of personality to pull every one together.  Xander may yet become that personality but it isn't going to happen this year obviously.  2021 will be an open question and largely dependent on who stays and who goes.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on September 14, 2020, 02:34:17 PM
Xander Bogaerts is a nice and talented kid who can speak four languages fluently as do most Dutch citizens believe it or not.  The X-Man has become the face of the franchise such as it is.  Unfortunately, I just don't see anyone including Xander with enough force of personality to pull every one together.  Xander may yet become that personality but it isn't going to happen this year obviously.  2021 will be an open question and largely dependent on who stays and who goes.

Boy, wouldn't it be something for us to trade Bogaerts for some solid pitching in the off season, then have Henry load up his money and go all out and sign Francisco Lindor for 2022.  He would immediately  become the face of the franchise and the leader we need so badly on the field.  Bogey is no leader, never has been and never will be.