GAME #153, THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT NEW YORK YANKEES

Started by Bear, September 20, 2018, 07:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

markj

longgame

Finally finding the fences! 

The pen just needs to throw strikes and let the fielders do their jobs.

markj

Good inning by Brasier. Even Mr. Drama Kimbrel should be safe with a 5 run lead. It would be nice if the Sox pad that some more, though.

markj

markj

Bear

Bear

markj

ALE Champs!!!! Again. Still not too confident, but at least they didn't get swept tonight.

Now it's time to kick back. Let guys rest vs Cleveland. Cleveland has nothing to gain in this upcoming series either.

BoSoxFanNY

YAHOOOOOOO!
Red Sox beat the Yankees 11 - 6!
AL EAST Champions once again!!!!

AND PHEW!

Schloicka

Wright with the win. He really changed the complexion of the game when he came in. Magic number I believe is 2 for the best record in the American League. Sox might of not looked great at times lately but they were 7-3 in their last 10 games. I'll take that winning percentage every 10 games. They could of folded after the grand slam but they hung in and kept playing. Say what you want even if they don't win the World Series it won't be because they didn't give it their all. The odds are stacked against you to win even with the best record. Only 30% of the teams with the best record have won the series. I've enjoyed this season no matter how it ends. 

markj

For all our complaining, the Sox have done just what I've been saying they need to do for weeks, and that's maintain a .500 average. Like you say, Geo, they've been playing .700 ball. Now they can kick back and get ready for the ALDS.

ipot

Somehow, some way they got it done tonight.  The Mookie Show and JBJ with a big hit.  Let's go for the next prize: best record in the AL.  Home field could be big if we end up seeing Houston in the ALCS.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on September 20, 2018, 10:54:55 PM
For all our complaining, the Sox have done just what I've been saying they need to do for weeks, and that's maintain a .500 average. Like you say, Geo, they've been playing .700 ball. Now they can kick back and get ready for the ALDS.

The best news?  We beat the Yankees 11-6 and clinched the AL East Title for the third year in a row.  The good news?  Our offense woke up and Wright pitched three solid innings for the win in relief against a team he has had some success against.  The bad news?  E-Rod walking the ballpark and Cora standing there with his finger up his ass and not moving until the bags were full and you could almost predict what would happen with Stanton at the plate.  Well two out of three makes this a good night and we didn't get swept as all three series with the Yankees at YS came out 2-1 for the New Yorkers.  We can pay them back in Boston in the last series and maybe send them to Oakland.  Anyway we're the division champions and I can only hope our offense has awakened and we use our best men in relief and leave the chaff in the bullpen.  What a great feeling to be winners but to me this is only the start.  We need to advance much farther than the past two seasons-----right????????