GAME #153, THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT NEW YORK YANKEES

Started by Bear, September 20, 2018, 07:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Cora is thinking about going to the pen already? Like they're gonna save this game? Not.

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on September 20, 2018, 07:37:43 PM
Cora is thinking about going to the pen already? Like they're gonna save this game? Not.

Well unless E-Rod has a quick 4th that will be his last inning and most likely won't get past 5 because of the pitch count. Can't go 3-2 on everyone and expect to pitch to many innings. Our starters have been killing the pen all year by not going more than 5 or 6 innings.

markj

Geez. We're going nowhere in the post-season with this sorry rotation. You have Sale and then nothing.

longgame

Part of me says take him out now with 2 on, but then I have to wonder who can get outs coming out of the pen.

longgame

Quote from: Schloicka on September 20, 2018, 06:51:44 PM
29 pitches for E-rod. Wondering why he keeps throwing the ball just inside off the plate to right handers? Not being called a strike and no one is swinging at it. Costing him a lot of pitches.

Tanaka was getting it though.

markj

100 pitches through 4 innings. That's pathetic. Yet another 3-2 count.

longgame

Another freaking walk and now the situation I hate the most, bringing in a reliever with sacks full.

markj

Schloicka

If a guy has bad control you don't waste a pitch high out of the zone like they've been doing. Foolish pitch selection as far as I'm concerned. He's had guys 0-2 & 1-2 and ended up walking them because they keep going high out of the zone. Dumb.

markj

Schloicka

How the hell do you get the first 2 outs easily then walk the bases loaded? He even was ahead in the count on a couple of them. I don't even care about the grand slam. E-Rod & Cora put Hembree in the hole. E-Rod should of been pulled before the 3rd walk that inning.

longgame

Amazing.

The only good thing about this performance against good teams lately is that I have no chance of being disappointed in the postseason.  I have no hope they’ll do anything.

longgame

Quote from: Schloicka on September 20, 2018, 08:12:14 PM
How the hell do you get the first 2 outs easily then walk the bases loaded? He even was ahead in the count on a couple of them. I don't even care about the grand slam. E-Rod & Cora put Hembree in the hole. E-Rod should of been pulled before the 3rd walk that inning.

Cora has a tendency to leave guys in to load the bases and then bring in the reliever.  Usually the reliever merely walks in a run.

longgame

This is the kind of at bat Martinez was signed for.  Let’s see what he can do.  Yankees going to the pen.