GAME #151, TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT NEW YORK YANKEES

Started by Bear, September 18, 2018, 05:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Sox catch a break on what should have been an inning ending GIDP. Now they're at the corners with one out. Again.

longgame

Wow, another blown play at second.  Can we scratch another hit or two out?

markj

markj

So the game ends on a Sox classic GIDP anyway. Can't count on errors by the other team all the time.

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

I think Cora assumes they'll win the ALE, so he's shuffling through players and RPs to see who he wants to keep for the post-season. He clearly had no problem walking away from this game. The only reason it was a one-run game was due to the Yankees making mistakes. 

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on September 18, 2018, 11:09:56 PM
I think Cora assumes they'll win the ALE, so he's shuffling through players and RPs to see who he wants to keep for the post-season. He clearly had no problem walking away from this game. The only reason it was a one-run game was due to the Yankees making mistakes.
Very TRUE, howevaaa, "smart baseball" is still the order of the day !! iono iono

longgame

Quote from: ipot on September 18, 2018, 10:38:18 PM
Why can't this team score against opposing starters anymore?

This is one of the key problems right now with this team, the other being the bullpen.  Yet they keep winning on a regular basis.  The problem is this not scoring against starters and giving up runs left and right with our pen will not be a good formula for success.  I'd like to see these guys clicking before playoffs start. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on September 18, 2018, 11:09:56 PM

What Cora is totally outd to lunch on is that if he's blase about these games with the Yankees the Yabnkees are not blase about these games..  TheYankees need to prove to themselves they can beat the Red Sox since they have not played all that well the past few weeks.  Cora is letting them right back into the mix by making those crappy moves as he did last night.  We will be playing these guys in the ALDS and we better determine that we get the edge on them RIGHT HERE AND NOW.  From what I've seen he did a crappy job of managing last night.  Call if a bad game, all managers have it, but tonight get Mookie Betts in the lineup and every hitter you can---and keep that rotten hitting tandem of Leon and Vazquez out of the lineup.  We need to hitj tonight for a change and we need to have David show he can pitch in Yankee Stadium the way he has piutched elsewhere the past few months.  We need to end this tonight or it might come back later to bite us on the ass.  We need a hell of a lot more than five hits; we haven't hit in double figures in awhile---and why do I still despise Workman???????